Taylor Swift to Olivia Rodrigo: All the iconic celebs you forgot were in New Girl

The Kardashians filmed an episode???

New Girl is the best sitcom of all time – from its True American drinking game, which looks like the best thing ever for pres, to Jess and Nick’s love story, it has it all. But what New Girl perhaps has most of all, is random celebrity cameos. I bet you’d forgotten that everyone from Taylor Swift and Dylan O’Brien to a young Olivia Rodrigo featured in the show – so to jog your memory, here are all of the celebrities who popped up in New Girl:

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift appeared in the New Girl season two finale, when Cece is getting married to Shivrang but Schmidt is trying to sabotage it, and Nick and Jess end up breaking up. Cece calls off the wedding because she realises it’s not what she wants, but Shivrang is chill about it because he also wants to be with someone – Elaine, played by the one and only Taylor Swift.

New Girl showrunner Liz Meriwether told EW she was “fully geeking out” about meeting Taylor as she is a huge fan – but it turned out T Swift was also a big fan of the show. “She was quoting lines to us from the show. It was a really exciting night”, Meriwether said.

Dylan O’Brien

Maze Runner and Teen Wolf star, Dylan O’Brien’s New Girl character was simply called The Guy. Imaginative. He featured in one episode, where the gang each recounts how they lost their virginity. His character is who Jess lost her virginity to, he plays the guitar and they sing a song together at prom but then Jess ends up meeting him a few years later in a bar and they sleep together.

Olivia Rodrigo

She was 14 at the time, and it was before she was in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series or released any of her TikTok bangers, but it turns out Olivia Rodrigo was also in New Girl! In season six, Olivia played Terrinea, one of the students at Jess’ school who was obsessed with Nick and his book.

Prince

Prince had a whole EPISODE of New Girl season three named after him. He plays himself, and Jess and Cece are invited to one of his parties but the boys end up there too. In the episode Nick tells Jess he loves her but Jess freaks out, but at the party Prince gives her advice and she realises she also loves Nick.

Jake Johnson, who played Nick, has said Prince was a huge New Girl fan. “He wanted Nick and Jess to be together, so he said he’ll do the show if he could help them get together”, Jake told the Kelly Clarkson Show. “He wanted them together, and we wanted Prince” – so Prince is responsible for everyone’s fave couple getting together.

The Kardashians??

Apparently Khloe Kardashian and Kris Jenner had come and shot a scene to be amongst all the celebrities at Prince’s party in the same New Girl episode, but they ended up being cut because of Prince himself.

Zooey Deschanel told Conan O’Brien on his show: “I’m not sure exactly how the celebrities for the party were chosen, but someone was friends with some of the Kardashians and had made a phone call and they had kindly come on to shoot a little kind of cameo part where they were at Prince’s party.”

On the day of filming, Zooey says she was learning her lines and suddenly someone came in and was taking everyone’s scripts and call sheets, which say the timings of everything, off of them. Zooey said: “I’m like ‘what is going on?’ and I look outside and she has like a bonfire, she’s burning all the scripts and the call sheets. And it turns out that someone from Prince’s camp said like ‘who are the celebrities? I hope it’s not a Kardashian'” – so they had to be quickly removed.

Megan Fox

Megan Fox played Reagan, a businesswoman who dated Nick in seasons five and six of the show. She was first on New Girl when Jess was on jury duty (when actor Zooey Deschanel was on maternity leave) and Reagan temporarily moved into the apartment.

Brenda Song

Actress Brenda Song, of Suite Life of Zack and Cody fame, was also in New Girl, playing Daisy. Her character dated Winston and she appeared in a few episodes in seasons two and three. Winston realises Daisy is cheating on him, so he takes her cat Ferguson with him, whom Winston ends up becoming obsessed with as the series goes on.

Josh Gad

Josh Gad – who plays Olaf in Frozen and Gaston’s sidekick LeFou in Beauty and the Beast – played Bearclaw, who is obsessed with Jess and is in several episodes of New Girl. He’s called Bearclaw because he tattooed a bear’s paw onto his own back.

Jamie Lee Curtis

Jess’ mother on New Girl was played by none other than icon Jamie Lee Curtis. Her character was Joan Day and she was in several episodes across multiple seasons of the show. Jamie Lee Curtis is of course famous for Freaky Friday and so many horror and slasher films.

Rob Reiner

Jess’s dad Bob was also played by a famous actor – Rob Reiner. He’s in films like When Harry Met Sally, The Princess Bride, and Stand By Me. A star studded cast!