These are all the stunning Georgian filming locations in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story

Oh to be in a fictional period drama

When it comes to period dramas, the production team do their utmost best to establish the scene with the most stunning locations. Netflix’s latest series Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story, has an array of stunning locations that viewers haven’t seen before in the previous series.

The filming locations in the Bridgerton prequel are just as extravagant as you’d imagine, from palaces to stately homes. As the new series takes a step back into Georgian England, here is a look at all of the filming locations in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story.

Belton House

Queen Charlotte Bridgerton filming locations

via Netflix

Belton House in Lincolnshire was chosen as King George III’s home. In the series, George lives at Kew Palace but the production team was unable to film at the actual palace.

“That was a really fantastic find for us,” supervising location manager, Tony Hood, said. “It’s a National Trust property with really lovely grounds. The interiors really do lean towards this period. It’s run by a small and dedicated team, and they haven’t done any filming there since the 1990s.”

Other scenes filmed at Belton House include George’s observatory, his garden and the Buckingham House Orangery. Belton House is a Grade I listed country house and it was built between 1685 and 1687 by Sir John Brownlow.

Other movies that were filmed at Belton House include Pride and Prejudice, Bleak House and Jane Eyre, according to IMDb.

Blenheim Palace

via Netflix

Blenheim Palace portrays the inside and outside of Buckingham House and is used for the final ball scene in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. The real life King George III and Queen Charlotte actually have a connection to Blenheim Palace as they were close friends with its owners.

Blenheim Palace is a country house in Woodstock, Oxfordshire and it is currently open to visitors. Other movies that were filmed at Blenheim Palace include Cinderella, Transformers: The Last Knight and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, according to IMDb.

Merton College

via Netflix

The royal wedding ceremony that takes place in the first episode of Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story was filmed at Merton College. Merton College is one of the University of Oxford’s college campuses.

Tony Hood said they chose Merton College as it allows viewers “to see the dichotomy of the old ton and the new ton”. “We wanted to have them looking at each other during the royal wedding and to see the reactions between the two,” he explained.

“So we wanted to have a set of pews that faced each other instead of just facing the altar up front. Movies that have been filmed at Merton College include Testament of Youth, Brideshead Revisited and The History Boys.

Firle Place

via Netflix

Scenes at the Ledger estate was filmed at Firle Place, a manor house in Sussex which was first built in the late 15th Century by Sir John Gage. “It has a beautiful, long gallery on the first floor that we used, a number of other really lovely Georgian rooms, and a particularly nice staircase,” Hood said.

Waddesdon Manor

via Netflix

Waddesdon Manor is the location where Lady Danbury and Lord Ledger begin and develop their affair. It is a country house in the village of Waddesdon and is owned by the National Trust.

Alongside Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story, Waddesdon Manor has been used as a filming location for The Crown, Downton Abbey and Midsomer Murders, according to IMDb.

Bridgerton crossovers

Some places that were used as filming locations in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story have also been used in the original Bridgerton series. These include Hatfield House, where Charlotte and George meet for the first time and Bath Assembly Rooms, where the ball in both series are held.

Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.