This is how to delete a TikTok story when you’ve accidentally posted one
Posting a story on TikTok is mortifying
There’s nothing worse than accidentally posting a story and attempting to delete it when you’re all fingers and thumbs. TikTok launched its stories feature back in 2022 and it’s pretty similar to Instagram and Snapchat where you can post videos that only last for 24 hours. The story feature on TikTok is increasingly popular but how you delete them once they’ve been posted is something a lot of people think about.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to delete stories on TikTok.
How do I delete a story on TikTok?
Now you no longer have to panic if you post a story onto TikTok and want to delete it in a hurry. Here’s how you can delete a story on TikTok.
• Open the app up
• Go onto your profile in the bottom right corner
• Tap your profile picture to open your story
• Click the three dots on the right
• Select the “delete” icon
• Press “delete” to confirm
Stories are also automatically deleted after 24 hours so at least you know it won’t be up there forever even if it is an accident. But now you know how to do it so you can finally delete your embarrassment too.
Related stories recommended by this writer:
• Here’s how to get the bold glamour filter that’s leaving everyone on TikTok looking snatched
• Sunday scaries are dead! Corporate TikTok girlies have just given us ‘bare minimum Monday’
• This ‘she lives inside of me’ TikTok trend is way too wholesome and will make you sob
Feature image via Aaron Weiss on Unsplash.