Love Island winner Ekin-Su with her dad

‘I’m preparing him’: Ekin-Su says her dad has applied for new ‘older generation’ Love Island

Ok, now I’ll have to watch it

Love Island 2022 winner Ekin-Su has revealed her dad has applied to be on the new version of Love Island, targeted at the older generation. Plans for the new show were announced in the New Year, and ITV is said to be on the hunt for single parents who are looking for love.

Speaking with Reddit on YouTube, Ekin-Su confirmed her dad Zekai Cülcüloğlu has “already applied” for the new show, and she will be helping him to get ready for it.

“My dad’s applied already,” she said. “I’m preparing him, he’s a single man he needs to get out there, you know. He might find an Italian woman, who knows?”

She said she only has some simple advice for her father on his hunt for love, which is “be yourself, don’t burp, put some perfume on.” Fair enough.

Straight after the news for the spin-off of Love Island was announced, 2022 Islander Tasha Ghouri also hinted her father might be interested in trying his chances. “‘Dad this is your moment to shine,” she tweeted about the show.

The Romance Retreat is pegged as a middle-aged Love Island, where contestants will spend time together in a luxury villa abroad with the goal of finding their soul mate. So, essentially, the same concept as Love Island— but for single parents.

In order to take part, single parents hoping to find a match on the show have to be nominated by their children. ITV urged “people from across the UK to nominate their vibrant and single parents to join the search for love.”

Love Island 2023 continues at 9pm on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.