Andrew Tate court

Andrew Tate and his brother are currently in court, here are all the charges they face

The Tate brothers have denied any wrongdoing

Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan are currently facing multiple charges after being arrested in December 2022.

The former kickboxer and his brother were arrested for human trafficking, rape and organised crime charges. Both brothers have denied any wrongdoing through an attorney and challenged an arrest warrant. Andrew Tate was photographed heading into court after coming out of the back of a police van handcuffed to his brother while holding a Quran.

Tate’s lawyer has claimed there is “no evidence” to support the allegations of human trafficking, rape or organised crime against the controversial influencer. Eugen Vidineac, who represents both the Tate brothers, told Gandul, a Romanian news site that the defence had not been given the opportunities to study the prosecution’s case.

He said: “I will point this out from the beginning, even up to the present moment, the criminal investigation file has not been made available to us to ensure the effective defence of our clients. In this sense, I would like to point out, at least from this point of view, I am also somehow amazed. There is not a single piece of evidence apart from the victim’s statement that leads to the idea that a crime of rape was committed.”

In December 2022, both Andrew and Tristan Tate were detained as part of an investigation into human trafficking and rape by Romania’s anti-organised crime agency Didcot. The court is expected to rule on a challenge filed by Andrew Tate, against his 30-day arrest for alleged human trafficking and formation of an organised crime group to exploit six women.

The prosecution has said the Tate brothers recruited their victims by seducing them and falsely claiming to want a relationship. Prosecutors have also said one of the brothers raped one of the victims in March 2022, which is when the investigation into the Tate brothers began. The alleged victims are said to have been taken to properties on the outskirts of Bucharest and were forced to produce pornographic content for social media sites, according to prosecutors.

If the court upholds the arrest warrant, prosecutors can seek approval for a further extension of up to 180 days of detention under Romanian law.