Stephen Bear's controversies

From cheating scandals to pregnancy pranks: All of Stephen Bear’s biggest controversies

In 2021, it was reported he was holding auditions for a new girlfriend

Content warning: Mention of suicide

Stephen Bear, who rose to fame through reality TV stints, was found guilty of all counts in his revenge porn trial against Love Island’s Georgia Harrison. Bear was found guilty of voyeurism and guilty to two counts of disclosing private sexual photographs and films of Georgia Harrison. Following the verdict, Bear said he felt the trial was unfair and joked on Twitter about needing a holiday instead of showing remorse.

Bear rose to fame after appearing on Ex on the Beach in 2015 and continued to appear on multiple reality TV shows over the years, with his only claim to fame being the winner of Celebrity Big Brother in 2016. While doing all this, Bear was embroiled in a number of controversies. From sick pranks to inappropriate comments, here are all of Stephen Bear’s biggest controversies:

Bear cheated on his now ex-girlfriend during his time on Celebrity Big Brother

One of Stephen Bear’s biggest controversies was while he was on Celebrity Big Brother in 2016. Bear cheated on his now ex-girlfriend Lillie Lexie Gregg with Chloe Khan. Lillie entered the Big Brother house to reveal how heartbroken she was after Bear passionately kissed Chloe Mafia on a number of occasions. Bear also told housemates that Lillie “was not the one” before kissing Chloe.

In 2017, he faced backlash after making inappropriate comments on Celebs Go Dating

After winning Celebrity Big Brother in 2016, Bear went on to star on the E4 dating show, Celebs Go Dating. No one was too impressed with his appearance on the show, especially during his double date with Jonathan Cheban. As they sat down for drinks, Stephen made the women uncomfortable after offering to have a threesome with them and asked if they had ever kissed one another.

One of the women said: “We came here thinking Bear would be the most attractive, but he’s said some things that aren’t appropriate. It’s kind of ruined it for us a little bit, so we’re going to leave it here.” After realising they had left the pub, Bear told the camera that they had “missed out” and he “didn’t fancy them anyway.”

He made a joke about taking his own life

In December 2020, after Georgia revealed Bear had posted a video of them having sex on OnlyFans, Bear made a sick joke about how he would take his own life. In a series of Instagram stories, Bear said: “I was so tempted to do the ultimate f***ing narcissist move and make everyone feel sorry for me.” Bear then went into graphic detail about how he would take his own life because he “could easily set that up”.

He said: “And all you people would have been like (shocked face) and then you’d all backtrack, and you’d delete all your comments, and all your news articles would all disappear. Because that’s what happens, but you’re lucky that I’m so strong.”

Bear was accused of contributing to the death of his dog

In 2018, Bear’s rottweiler puppy had been rushed to the very for an emergency surgery after it contracted a serious infection in its leg but it died. Bear shared the news on his Instagram, telling his fans he had been left “broken”.

However, many social media users were not pleased with Bear and criticised him for taking his puppy outside before he had all of his injections. One user said: “No surprise he caught an infection resulting in needing his leg amputated at a few weeks old. The day you picked him up after the operation you had him running around playing fetch when he should have been on cage rest. And you’re surprised that you woke up to find him dead in his blanket? You’re a f***ing disgrace.”

Stephen Bear's controversies

Bear later told OK! magazine that his dog’s death was not his fault. He said: ‘”People need to know the truth about what happened and rethink the things they’ve had to say.”

He faked his now ex-girlfriend being pregnant

Bear shocked people after posting a sonogram photo that hinted he was expecting twins until he later confirmed he was pranking his fans. Sharing an ultrasound photo, Bear said: “Wasn’t expecting two. Think it’s time I should grow up.”

People later found the photo on Google images and his now ex-girlfriend, Tia, said “it’s not fair” she had been dragged into the prank and dumped him. She said: “I don’t condon what’s been posted and I certainly don’t have any control over what other people post that’s their choice! I don’t understand why my name has once again been dragged into a situation that is out of control. It’s not fair.”

He was holding auditions for a new girlfriend to become a pornstar

One of Stephen Bear’s latest controversies is when after he split from Tia last year, it was reported he was holding auditions for a new girlfriend. The reality TV personality decided to reinvent himself as a porn star and said he was quitting showbiz in April 2021. Bear often posts videos and photos on his Twitter page, where he calls himself an “international playboy”.