Stephen Bear trial

Stephen Bear’s trial has begun, here’s what he’s accused of against Love Island’s Georgia

He was arrested back in January 2021

Former Celebrity Big Brother winner Stephen Bear is currently on trial after being accused of sharing a sex tape of him and Love Island’s Georgia Harrison on OnlyFans. He has denied this.

In 2020, former Love Island star Georgia Harrison accused Stephen Bear of filming her without her consent and sharing the video with multiple people. In a series of Instagram posts, Georgia claimed he had filmed the two at his house, where he has CCTV. Georgia said he filmed her without her consent and said he claimed to not realise there was CCTV.

She said: “So Bear has CCTV around his house, he purposely got me in a position where he knew it would be on CCTV quite a long time ago and after acted like he forgot the cameras were there (as you do when you have CCTV set up around private property going directly to your television and phone).”

Stephen Bear has now appeared in court and stands accused of voyeurism and two counts of disclosing private, sexual photographs and films. The reality TV personality has denied all the charges. The trial began on Tuesday 6th December and a court heard he had sex with his ex-girlfriend Georgia Harrison in his garden before sharing footage of it, which had been caught on his CCTV, on OnlyFans.

The alleged offences are said to have taken place in August 2020 and November 2020. Stephen Bear was arrested in January 2021 at Heathrow Airport following a trip to Dubai, and was charged in May 2021.

Stephen Bear trial

via Twitter @stephen_bear

Georgia, who first appeared on Love Island back in 2017, waved her right to anonymity in relation to the case. Jacqueline Carey KC, who opened the prosecution case, said: “In August 2020 the complainant Georgia Harrison met up with former boyfriend Stephen Bear. They had some lunch and had some drinks and ended up back at his house in Loughton. They engaged in consensual sexual intercourse in his garden.

“What she didn’t know but he did was Mr Bear had CCTV cameras in his garden that recorded them having sex.” Jacqueline Carey said Bear had shown Georgia the footage later that day and she told him to “never” send it to anyone. She went on to say that Bear had sent the CCTV footage to someone on WhatsApp that night and had later uploaded it to OnlyFans.

The trial continues.