Netflix has dropped a ‘wild’ and ‘crazy’ true crime series about four unsolved murders

It’s from the same people behind the Cecil Hotel series

Netflix has just released a new true crime series, and if the reviews from people who have already watched it are anything to go by, it’s a must watch for people who like these sorts of shows. Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields tells the story of four unsolved murders, and is the latest instalment of bigger Netflix true crime show.

The Texas Killing Fields is a three-part docuseries featuring 50-minute episodes. People who have already watched it have said it’s a must watch for people who enjoy true crime, and the story is chilling. Here’s what you need to know.

Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields on Netflix

via Netflix

Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields on Netflix tells the true story of four unsolved murders in the same place

Netflix true crime series Crime Scene is back with a third season. The first was called Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel, and looked at the mysterious death of Elisa Lam, who was found in a water tank on the roof of the hotel. The series is created by Joe Berlinger, and explores the ways in which certain locations aid and abet criminal activity.

The new season investigates the “Texas Killing Fields,” a region with a dark pattern of girls who have disappeared and turned up dead. Amidst the marshes and oil refineries alongside the interstate corridor connecting Houston and the beach town of Galveston, lies Calder Road – the patch of land that earned its name after the bodies of three young women were discovered there in the 1980s and a fourth in 1991.

The first body was found when a dog running in the fields returned to its owner carrying the skull of 25-year-old waitress, Heide Villareal Fye. Two years later, children riding their bikes in the area found the body of a 30-year-old woman, later identified as Audrey Lee Cook, when they smelled something awful there.

Heide Fye, via Netflix

In 1986, whilst police were investigating there, more remains were discovered. 16-year-old Laura Miller was found, who had been missing for over a year. It wasn’t until 1991 that the final body was found, by two horse riders. This body was a 34-year-old mother of two, named Donna Prudhomme.

Their murders remain unsolved, but one grieving father refuses to give up on the hunt for his daughter’s killer, while the search and recovery organisation he founded supports other local families facing similar tragedies.

His determined pursuit of justice for the victims drives the Netflix series as it delves into five decades of the area’s unsettling history, uncovering a pattern of eerie connections and missed opportunities surrounding the Calder Road cold cases that may, at long last, lead investigators to the truth.

People who have watched the series have called it ‘wild’ and ‘crazy’

Viewers of the series have called it “crazy”, “wild” and urged people to watch it. “Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields, a MUST watch!” one tweet about the series reads.

Watch the trailer for Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields on Netflix here:

Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.