YOU season four on Netflix

‘The craziest season yet’: Everything we know about YOU season four on Netflix

Joe Goldberg is heading back into our lives very soon, and it looks wild

I’m going to try and contain my excitement and only scream on the inside, because season four of YOU actually hits Netflix really soon. It’s seemed like forever and a day since we had a Joe Goldberg fix, but finally, it’s upon us.

Netflix has been drip-feeding us season four updates since the third ended, and honestly it’s got a bit too much. I’m overcome with excitement and I need to know everything there is to possibly know about the new episodes. So, here is a guide of absolutely everything that’s been released about season four of YOU on Netflix so far. More updates and teasers are expected in the coming weeks, and you can sure as hell believe this article is being updated as soon as they come in. I’ve got you, Joe Goldberg fans.

Season four of YOU on Netflix sees Joe Goldberg heading to London

At the end of season three we saw Joe pack up and head to Paris in an attempt to find Marienne, but he’s not staying there for long. In season four of YOU, Joe is no longer the doting husband in the suburbs, and is now embracing a new life as Professor Jonathan Moore, focusing on academia. He is in London, lurking around.

Whilst filming was taking place, Penn Badgley was spotted around the capital and surrounding areas. He and Tati Gabrielle, who plays Marienne, were spotted at Spitalfields Market in east London, and Penn was also spotted on the campus of Royal Holloway University. He was seen in his new Professor getup, carrying a coffee and clearly walking over the grass through the campus.

The Netflix synopsis for season four reads: “After his previous life went up in flames, Joe Goldberg has fled to Europe to escape his ‘messy’ past, adopt a new identity, and, of course, to pursue true love. But Joe soon finds himself in the strange new role of reluctant detective as he discovers he may not be the only killer in London. Now, his future depends on identifying and stopping whoever’s targeting his new friend group of uber-wealthy socialites…”

There are a whole host of new cast members joining YOU for season four

A new city means new people for Joe to get involved with. There, he meets a whole new cast of characters, and of course, sets his sights on a new obsession. Marienne is sticking around, but Joe never stays hooked on one woman for too long.

After heading to the UK, Joe has a new leading woman for the show: Kate. Charlotte Ritchie will play Kate, who is smart, independent, suspicious, and misses nothing. She is fiercely loyal to her friends, a brick wall to everyone else. The daughter of a chaotic, bohemian single mother, Kate worked hard to create the life she now leads. She’s an art gallery director whose job means managing tempestuous artists. Kate tends to be “the adult in the room,” and has embraced the moniker of “icy bitch.”

She’s especially protective of best friend Lady Phoebe (played by EastEnders’ Tilly Keeper), a sweet and trusting person whose extreme wealth and fame tend to attract opportunists. Kate prefers “arrangements” to love, which is why she dates fun but self-centred partier Malcolm. When Malcolm invites Joe, an American outsider of no apparent means, into their privileged world, Kate not only immediately dislikes him, she strongly suspects something about the man is not what he seems.

Also among the cast is Amy Leigh Hickman (Safe, Ackley Bridge) as Nadia and Ed Speleers (Outlander, Downton Abbey) as Rhys. Lukas Gage from The White Lotus has been cast as Adam, “the warm, funny, and hard-partying son of a wealthy family who is famous for failing to meet their standards. But the one thing he did learn from his parents is to do whatever it takes to get what you want.”

With this many new people being introduced there’s only one thing that’s sure, they’re not all making it to the end. Deaths are on the cards. Meet the full cast and read their character profiles here.

Season four of YOU in being released on Netflix in two parts

At Netflix’s TUDUM event, we were told season four of YOU is going to be released in two parts, across two months. Part one premieres February 9th and part two premieres on March 9th. Previous teasers (like the one above) stated the 10th as the release date in both months, but Netflix has confirmed to The Tab the 9th is the correct date.

It’s not been confirmed how many episodes there will be across the two parts, but all previous seasons have been 10 episodes.

The creator of the Netflix show has called it the ‘craziest season yet’

I know I know, the creator is obviously going to say the show is good – BUT, Sera Gamble simply does not lie to us. Has she ever created a bad season of YOU? No, no she has not. Last season she said there were going to be loads of deaths and there were, and this season she’s said it’s going to be crazy – so I believe her.

Replying to more tweets, Sera added “just you wait” when someone said a teaser was “too disturbing”. I’m a little bit scared, but also so, so ready. Let’s have it!

Season four of YOU will be available on Netflix from February 9th. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.