True Geordie Andrew Tate drama explained

True Geordie has been called out for making Islamophobic comments about Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate called True Geordie a ‘very insulting and unlikeable person’

YouTuber True Geordie has been accused of making Islamophobic comments towards Andrew Tate during a livestream. Following Andrew Tate’s rise to fame after his sexist and misogynistic comments went viral on the internet, True Geordie claimed he would punch the former kickboxer in the face and rumours began to start surrounding a possible boxing match between the two. In a recent live stream, True Geordie took aim at Andrew Tate’s religion, after the social media figure converted to Islam. Since being called out by his fans, he has apologised for his comments.

Here is all the drama between True Geordie and Andrew Tate explained:

True Geordie made a series of Islamophobic comments about Andrew Tate

During a livestream, True Geordie was asked by a fan if he would fight Andrew Tate to which the YouTuber and his co-host claimed he wouldn’t stand a chance in the ring with Tate since “god is on his side” following his conversion to Islam. True Geordie continued to poke fun and has been slammed by fans after suggesting that Andrew should “blow himself up” and prove how committed he is to Islam.

Fans have called out True Geordie for his “harmful stereotypes”. One viewer wrote: “Being Islamophobic and perpetuating harmful stereotypes on a public platform and laughing about it is completely ridiculous, especially for someone with a platform as big as his. Anyone saying anything like this should be representing the scene.”

Andrew Tate commented on True Geordie’s remarks, calling him ‘stupid’

Andrew Tate hit back at the YouTuber, saying True Geordie needs to know “when to shut the f**k up”. In a statement, Tate said: “There are very few people I personally dislike, one of them is True Geordie. He is very insulting, fat, vulgar, he’s a d***head and an unlikeable person. He’s not very smart, he’s stupid.

“Now after me converting to Islam, he made a piece on one of his podcasts saying I’m not true in my conversion, and then insulted all Muslims. Making f**king racist comments about an entire religion as if that’s somehow funny. Let me tell you something my friend, and True Geordie if you are watching this, this is a message directly to you. There are certain times in life when you need to know when to shut the f**k up.”

In a 20 minute video, True Geordie apologised for him comments

True Geordie has since apologised for his comments about Andrew Tate. The podcast host uploaded a YouTube video to his channel titled: “I’m Sorry”. In the video, he said: “I made a joke in questioning that ‘newfound faith’ of his, that conveniently comes at a time when he needs as many supporters as he can get. It was a stupid joke.”

“When I say that out loud, when I’m aware of it, f**king horrendous. It was one of those off-the-cuff remarks I made with a total lack of thought, and I used an unrealistic stereotype to take aim at someone who seriously dislikes me. Obviously I don’t believe that’s what Muslims actually do. It was a very stupid thing to say. It was an idiotic joke – one I’m sorry,” he added.

Gymshark have announced they will no longer be working with True Geordie

True Geordie has since been dropped by Gymshark following his comments. Posting a statement on social media, the gym brand wrote: “We do not condone racism, discrimination or Islamophobia in any form. We do not agree with the comments made by Brian, aka True Geordie, and have suspended our relationship with him indefinitely, effective immediately.”