Married at First Sight UK April

April Banbury said Married at First UK ‘ruined her life’ and has left her needing therapy

‘People say Love Island is brutal but MAFS is 100 per cent worse’

Married at First Sight UK star April Banbury has said starring on the reality TV show ruined her life. April featured on this year’s show and was paired with George Roberts by the experts. April and George were together even after the cameras stopped rolling but the former Miss Great Britain confirmed they had split up.

Speaking with The Sun, April urged people to not apply for the show until “more stringent background checks” are implemented. She said: “The traumas I have from being on Married at First Sight are ruining my life. I was given six therapy sessions and basically told to try and move on. People say Love Island is brutal but MAFS is 100 per cent worse. No one should apply to take part until they put in place more stringent background checks.”

April has been embroiled in drama following her co-star Thomas Hartley’s appearance on a podcast in which he said April and Whitney were both in bed together as well as making other comments about the two. April spoke out about his podcast comments and said: “To come across sickening behaviour from adults is appalling. Laughing over people’s trauma for clout. The industry needs to be careful as to who they give platforms to without damaging their names also, by supporting and promoting bullying.”

Thomas has since issued an apology and claimed he asked for his comments to removed from the podcast. In an Instagram story, he wrote: “I sincerely apologise for any offence I caused on the podcast. It wasn’t right and I did ask for it to be removed and it wasn’t. I take full responsibility and honestly completely regret the situation and what I said.

“I am honestly so so sorry for any pain caused to anyone. I did ask for them parts to be removed. There’s no excuse, I was out of order massively. I will live eternally with regret.”

In light of April’s comments, a spokesperson for Channel 4 said: “All cast have access to appropriate support before, during and after filming and broadcast, including access to an independent psychologist. This support is proactively offered at every stage and, where requested, ongoing. April has been offered and continues to access such support.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight UK memes and tweets gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.