Married at First Sight UK Thomas podcast

A rundown of the fallout from MAFS UK Thomas’ ‘sick’ comments about his co-stars on podcast

Jenna said it feels like a ‘stab in the back’

Married at First Sight UK star Thomas Hartley has come under fire after a series of comments he made about his co-stars on a podcast. On a recent episode of the What’s Happenin’ podcast, Thomas made several insensitive comments about Jenna’s late father who had passed away from Covid-19, as well as poking fun at Whitney’s mother who also passed away. Something both cast members had spoken about while being on Married at First Sight UK.

During the E4 show, it was spoken about that Jenna’s father would not be in attendance at her wedding. During the podcast, Thomas said: “She said ‘well I lost my dad’ and I thought ‘how am I supposed to fix this.’ So I was like ‘if he was here would you have him walk you down the aisle.” The podcast hosts all began to make jokes about Jenna’s late father as Thomas laughed along.

Zoe Clifton, who was partnered up with Jenna on the show, condemned Thomas and the comment made. In a series of Instagram stories, Zoe wrote: “To then slate your own friend and disrespect Jenna is something that is completely unforgivable. For anyone a little confused on my story is Thomas talking about Jenna’s dad who she lost during Covid. Last thing I’ll say on this. How are What’s Happenin’ finding this funny and encouraging it? They should never be allowed to post again.”

Thomas initially apologised for his comments and said he takes “full responsibility” and regrets what he said. “I am honestly so sorry for any pain caused to anyone,” he wrote on Instagram.

Jenna has spoken out on her Instagram story about Thomas’ behaviour on the podcast. She said: “Honestly I’m struggling a little with what I’ve heard. And although for them it’s a laughable joke at my expense, I’m not having to deal with the aftermath of my family potentially hearing what I’ve heard and I’m trying my best to prevent that from happening. As for the so called public ‘apology’, it’s yet another stab in the back. Not an ounce of remorse or respect and just to add I’ve had no personal apology either.”

On the podcast, Thomas also made allegations about Whitney and April being in bed together and also made jokes about their personal family issues. He said: “I was having a little walk around upstairs and I was like ‘f**k this’, so I went back and George sent Adrian into his apartment and Whitney and April were in bed.”

He also laughed along with the podcast hosts after talking about Whitney’s late mother, whom she spoke about in the E4 show. April spoke out about the podcast and said Thomas’ behaviour is “sickening”.

Zoe also posted her thoughts on her Instagram story and said: “I think it’s also important to point out that even if the allegations against Whitey and April being in bed together were in face true (which they are not). It is not your place to publicly ‘out’ them. You should know better as a gay man and I would have hoped you’d have used your platform to do great things. Shame on you. You have let our community down and fractured our representation.”

Thomas has made another apology following his co-stars comments on social media and claimed he has asked for the podcast to be taken down. He said: “I sincerely apologise for any offence I caused on the podcast. It wasn’t right and I did ask for it to be removed and it wasn’t. I take fully responsibility and honestly completely regret the situation and what I said. I am honestly so sorry for any pain caused to anyone. There’s no excuse. I was out of order massively. I will live eternally with regret.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight UK memes and tweets gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.