The Married at First Sight UK contestants who applied to be on the show and who was scouted

Adrian was meant to be on last year’s season!

The concept of marrying a complete stranger who you see for the first time on your wedding day seems like a comedy show that surely doesn’t work. But to many people’s surprise, the Married at First Sight experiments do work, with some couples who have stayed with their partner and have even had children with their partners. But how does one even get onto a show like this? Similar to Love Island, individuals can either apply to go on the show or are scouted to take part. A fair few of this year’s contestants were approached to go on the show, with some of them applying for their chance at love. Here are all the Married at First Sight UK 2022 cast members who applied to be on the show and who was scouted:

via Instagram @chanita__x

So, who in Married at First Sight UK 2022 applied to be on the show?

Just eight cast members from this year’s season applied to be on the show. The Liverpool duo Thomas and Adrian both applied to be on the show, and Adrian has since revealed that he originally applied to to be on last year’s season of MAFS UK.

Speaking on a Instagram live, Adrian said: “I applied but I actually applied for the year before. Then they contacted me this year. I obviously wasn’t good enough for the last year!” He addressed why he decided to go on the show, saying he never had “much luck” in the “relationship department”. “My friend was watching it and it was lockdown, and we were all doing crazy things. And I was like ‘you know what, let’s just do it.”

via Instagram @adriansanderson

Gemma, Sophie, Jenna, Kasia, Whitney and Jess all applied to be on the show too.

And who was scouted to be on this year’s cast of Married at First Sight UK?

The majority of this year’s cast were all scouted to star on the show. Johnathan, Matt, Kwame and George were all scouted to be on the show and have spoken about their experiences when they were approached to star on Married at First Sight UK.

Matt revealed in a series of Instagram stories that he was asked by producers to go on the show. He said: “Why did I go on MAFS if I don’t watch reality TV? I had a message on Instagram March 14th 2022. ‘Would you like to marry a stranger? We think we have someone for you. The weddings are not legally binding.”

via Instagram @chanita__x

Kwame shared a screenshot of the initial DM from the Married at First Sight UK Instagram, Kwame captioned it: “How it started”. The message read: “Hi Kwame, how are you? I am a researcher for CPL Productions. We are currently casting for the next potential season of Married at First Sight. Looking at your profile I feel you could be a great candidate. Would you be interested in applying for the next potential season?”

Zoe, April, Pjay and Duka also were approached to star on the show.

For all the latest Married at First Sight UK memes and tweets gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.