Fleabag heartbreaking moments

Remembering every single heartbreaking moment from Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Fleabag

My For You Page is haunted by the season two finale

If Fleabag and the hot priest aren’t all over your For You Page right now, count yourself lucky you don’t have to deal with such heartbreak every time you open the app. Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Andrew Scott’s chemistry is a force to be reckoned with and you’d be lying if you said you didn’t weep at the final season finale. If, like me, you are keen for TV shows and movies to rock you so emotionally you need everyone else to feel the same thing, Fleabag is definitely the TV show for you.

Here is every single one of the most heartbreaking moments from Fleabag:

1. The hot priest telling Fleabag ‘it’ll pass’ after telling him she loved him

There is no scene in modern television history that has made be sob as much than this scene. How two words can cut so deep is beyond me and I’ll never be the same again. When Fleabag said: “You know the worst thing is that I f***ing love you. I love you” and the priest told her “it’ll past”, I’ve not known emotional peace since.

That scene plagues my For You Page as if it only cares for my sadness about two fictional characters and their failed love story.

2. The confessional scene where Fleabag finally allows herself to be vulnerable

The second season of Fleabag was so beautiful put together and one moment that emotionally rocked viewers was the confessional scene. Through the confessional screen, she bares all and tells the priest everything about how she has been feeling.

She said: “I want someone to tell me what to wear in the morning. I want someone to tell me what to wear every morning. I want someone to tell me what to eat. What to like, what to hate, what to rage about, what to listen to, what band to like, what to buy tickets for, what to joke about, what not to joke about. I want someone to tell me what to believe in, who to vote for, who to love and how to tell them.”

The heroine allows herself to be completely and truly vulnerable for the first time in the series and you can’t help but cry.

3. The bank manager’s monologue about wanting to live a normal life

Fleabag is known for its great monologues and in season one, Hugh Dennis, who played the bank manager, gave one of the best monologues in the show. One of the most heartbreaking moments in Fleabag is when his character gave a speech about just wanting to go home, having a normal life and wanting to hug his wife gets me every single time.

4. When Claire didn’t believe Fleabag about Martin kissing her

When Fleabag tells her sister Claire the truth about Martin trying to kiss her, Claire insisted it was the other way around. She told her sister that she believes her husband because of what Fleabag did to Boo. Deep down Fleabag felt such shame but it cut even deeper knowing her own sister knew the truth.

5. When Fleabag and Harry finally broke up and he took the dinosaur with him

Fleabag and Harry’s one and off again relationship was fairly amusing throughout the show. But when they parted ways for good, Harry takes the small toy dinosaur with him. It gave the exact same energy as when you see a failed talking stage in a relationship.

via BBC

6. When the priest leaves Fleabag

The crème de la crème of the most heartbreaking moments in Fleabag is when the priest leaves. There is so much to unpack after Fleabag tells the priest she loves him beside his soul shattering response. After he tells her “it’ll pass”, he gets up and leaves and just like that Fleabag is in floods of tears and they go their separate ways. Excellent television for the heartbroken girlies.