celebrities Queen's funeral

From Bear Grylls to Killing Eve star Sandra Oh: These are the celebs at the Queen’s funeral

Bear Grylls is attending as Chief Scout

High-profile individuals and celebrities have arrived in Westminster Abbey to attend the Queen’s funeral.

Between the numerous heads of states, presidents and prime ministers, a small number of celebrities have been invited to the prestigious occasion.

Whilst for more celebratory royal occasions like Prince William and Harry’s weddings in 2o11 and 2018, the list of iconic celebrities seemed endless and spanned from George Clooney to James Cordon, the Queen’s funeral has a far more selective list of celebrities, many of whom had a personal connection to the Queen. Here are all the celebrities at the Queen’s funeral:

Bear Grylls

Bear Grylls was one of the first spotted celebrities confirmed to be at the funeral this morning. He was seen waving to crowds outside Westminster Abbey before 10am. He is appearing on behalf of the Scouts in his role as Chief Scout.

Sandra Oh

celebrities Queen's funeral

The Killing Eve star is at the funeral as part of a Canadian contingency. She’s joined by prime minister Justin Trudeau as they are both recipients of the Order of Canada, the country’s second highest honour.

Sophie Winkleman

celebrities Queen's funeral

Sophie Winkleman better known as Big Suze from Peep Show arrived at the funeral alongside her husband, Lord Frederick Windsor. He is currently 52nd in the line of succession to the throne.

Which other celebrities are set to attend the Queen’s funeral?

Sir David Attenborough

celebrities Queen's funeral

David Attenborough’s friendship with the Queen stretches back decades. He was knighted by her in 1985 and has appeared alongside her in numerous TV shows, most recently in 2018 when they joked about a sundial in the grounds of Buckingham Palace being in the shade.

Paying tribute to the Queen, he said: “If there was a technical hitch, she wanted to know what it was, and if it had a funny side, she was quick to see the joke.”

Elton John

Elton John has also worked closely with the Queen throughout his career. Famous for performing Candle in the Wind at Princess Diana’s funeral in 1998, he dedicated a performance of Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me to the Queen last week when performing in Canada.

Daniel Craig

celebrities Queen's funeral

Speculation has continued to swirl online Daniel Craig may be invited to the funeral. Britain’s most famous spy appeared alongside the Queen in a skit for the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games. The royal family are fans of the James Bond franchise with Prince William and Kate both at the No Time To Die premiere last year.

Gary Barlow

Gary Barlow helped write Sing to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012. In 2016, the Queen’s cousin revealed in a BBC documentary marking her 90th birthday that Sing was in her top 10 favourite songs of her lifetime.

Sir Andrew Lloyd-Webber

Andrew Lloyd-Webber wrote Sing alongside Gary Barlow. He was knighted by the Queen 30 years ago for services to the arts. Alongside his Diamond Jubilee tribute, he performed at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations earlier this year with Hamilton creator, Lin Manuel Miranda.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

‘They weren’t VIPs’: Read This Morning’s full, grovelling statement about The Queue

Just a list of all the bizarre things that are banned or closed out of respect for the Queen

From David Beckham to Sharon Osbourne: Every celeb sighting in ‘The Queue’ so far

Featured image credit via Tim Merry/Pool/Shutterstock