private-school-universities

Posho ranking: These are the universities with the most private school students in 2022

Shock: Durham’s packed to the rafters with former private school pupils

The Times Good University Guide has just been released, among other things revealing the universities with the highest percentages of former private school pupils in 2022.

No prizes for guessing who came out on top. It’s Durham University, obviously. Over one in three students you’ll encounter in Durham went to private school (38.4 per cent).

In second and third places respectively were the University of St Andrews (36.9 per cent) and Royal Agricultural University (36.6 per cent).

Over a third of students at Edinburgh, Exeter and Imperial also attended private school.

If you’re hellbent on going to a Russell Group university but want to avoid all the poshos, Queen’s University Belfast may be the place for you. Just 1.7 per cent of students at QUB went to private school.

Here’s a full breakdown:

The universities with the highest percentages of private school students in 2022

The guide also revealed overall ranking of UK universities.

Oxford came out on top but Cambridge was narrowly pipped to second place by St Andrews. Wills and Kate would be proud.