Love Island private school

These are all the Love Islanders who went to private school

Andrew Le Page went to a £14,000 a term boarding school

Over the years Love Island has featured a number of very posh people. They’ve dated royals, got second homes in the Alps, wear signet rings, and always last about three days in the villa. But hey that’s ok, they’ve got their Made in Chelsea cast friends and daddy’s money to return to. And the true mark of a Love Island posh person is if they went to private school.

Since the show began they’ve had a number of ex-private school pupils contestants including last year’s Andrew Le Page, who went to the same school as another Love Islander Charlie Brake, where it costs a casual £42,000 per year – that’s just a few grand off the Love Island prize fund.

These are all the current and former Love Island cast members who went to private school:

Camilla Thurlow

via Instagram @camillathurlow

Season three’s Camilla Thurlow attended the private school Fettes College in Edinburgh. The school was originally all boys until the 1970s but is a now a fully mixed school. It currently costs £13,330 per term to attend the school as a boarder.

Camilla isn’t the only famous person to be associated with the school, in fact Iain Fleming, the author of the James Bond books, wrote that James attended Fettes after being kicked out of Eton.

Montana Brown

via Instagram @montanarosebrown1

Camilla’s bestie in Love Island was Montana Brown who also attended a private school growing up. Montana is an alumnus of Abbot’s Hill School, which is an all girls school set in 70 acres of grounds in Hertfordshire.

It currently costs £7,026 per term to attend the school and pupils can attend from nursery to year 11.

Olivia Attwood

via Instagram @oliviajade_attwood

Series three of Love Island was just full of ex-private school pupils, as Olivia Attwood also attended an independent school.

Olivia went to Tormead School in Guildford, which teaches girls from age four to 18, and for pupils in years seven to 13, it costs £5,904.00 per term.

And Olivia isn’t the only famous alumnus of the school, comedian Sandi Toksvig went the school whilst her father was working in London.

Charlie Brake

via Instagram @charliebrake1

Probably the poshest and richest contestant on Love Island ever, millionaire heir Charlie Brake of course went to private school.

Charlie attended Millfield School in Somerset where it costs a casual £14,610 per term to board there from year nine onwards.

The school is mixed and teaches pupils from nursery all the way through college.

Ollie Williams

via Instagram @olliesjwilliams

2020 Love Island contestant Ollie Williams left the villa after just three days, saying he was still in love with his ex-girlfriend.

At the time Ollie was thought of as one of the poshest contestants on Love Island, as he is quite literally the heir to the 2,000 acre Lanhydrock estate in Cornwall.

So of course Ollie went to private school and he attended the Truro School in Cornwall. It’s a mixed sex school for pupils aged three to 18 and it costs £10,325 per term to board there for senior school.

Priya Gopaldas

via Instagram @priyagopaldas

Last year’s Islander Priya may have been unlucky in love on the show, but she was still known as one of its poshest contestants. So it comes as no surprise that Priya went to private school.

Priya attended the North London Collegiate School, which is a school for girls aged four to 18. It costs £7,436 per term for students in the secondary school.

And Priya isn’t the only famous person to have attended the school. Vogue editor Anna Wintour and the Chronicles of Narnia actress Anna Popplewell both went to North London Collegiate School

Chuggs Wallis

Love Island private school

via Instagram @chuggswallis

Priya wasn’t the only ex-private school Islander on last year’s show. Chuggs Wallis gave off big posh energy when he entered the villa and it turns out he went to a private school in Surrey.

Chuggs attended Reeds School, which is a boys school, with a mixed sixth form and it costs £11,640 per term to attend the school as a boarder.

Reeds is over 200 years old and has taught people such as Tom Hardy and Tim Henman. Not bad company for Chuggs.

Andrew Le Page

Love Island private school

via Instagram @andrewlepage

This year’s Love Island contains two Islanders who went to private school, the first is Andrew Le Page who attended the same school as Charlie Brake – Millfield School, in Somerset.

Given Andrew grew up in Guernsey it’s likely he attended the school as a boarder where it costs £14,610 per term to board there.

Millfield School has a number of famous alumni including Adwoa Aboah, Lily Allen, Romeo Beckham, Ella Eyre, Rose Leslie, and Lando Norris.

Charlie Ragnedge

via Instagram @charlieradnedge

And the final Love Island cast member to have gone to private school so far is dumped Islander Charlie Radnedge.

Charlie attended The Oratory School just outside Reading, which is a mixed senior school where it costs £13,368 per term to attend the school as a boarder.

And Charlie isn’t the only posho to have attended the school, Made in Chelsea cast members Francis Boulle and Frederik Ferrier, and Bridgerton’s Jonathan Bailey all went to the school.

Claudia Fogarty

Claudia Love Island school

Credit: Instagram (@claudiafogarty)

Millionaire heiress Claudia went to the 100-year-old independent Westholme School in Blackburn where fees currently cost £4,250 per term, which their website calls “value for money”.

The school’s motto is “mens sana in corpore sano”, which means “a healthy mind in a healthy body” in Latin. As such, the school’s got its own cricket nets, swimming pool, cross country course and rugby pitch. Oh and they also take students on ski trips.

Westholme’s uniform is actually kind of vibey. Purple blazer, matching tartan skirt. I feel like you’d be jealous if you lived in Lancashire but couldn’t afford to go here. Lucky Claudia’s dad has a £39million fortune.

Other alumni from Westholme include the X Factor’s Diana Vickers (slay), Corrie’s Helen Flanagan and the winner of The Apprentice 2016 Jessica Cunningham.

While Claudia studied at Westholme, she took part in the school’s Performing Arts Club (they have their own theatre on the grounds obv) and was awarded “full colours” for her contribution to theatre, according to the school’s website.

Casey O’Gorman

Casey Love Island School

Credit: Instagram (@caseyogorman)

Recruitment consultant Casey went to Berkhamsted School in Hertfordshire, where fees currently cost £7,725 per term for day boys and £10,500 per term for boarding.

The school was founded in 1541 and has a LOT of history. For example, Henry VIII was casually involved when the school was founded. Bizarre. The uniform is a bit Dennis the Menace: Red striped tie, navy blazer. But all in all, not too horrendous.

According to The Sun, Casey was a delight at Berkhamsted. In the yearbook of his final year, friends wrote that he’d be remembered for “scoring tries and spreading thighs” and “thinking he’s a 10/10 when really he’s a six.”

When asked how best to sum up Casey during his time at school, the other students wrote: “I love me”. Savage.

“He had an incredibly poor reputation at school,” an insider told the paper. “He loved only himself. Casey was totally arrogant and thought every woman he met would fall head over heels in love with him.

“He loved getting naked at every opportunity. He was rotten to those who he didn’t think were of use to him. Berkhamstead School costs a fortune and its alumni includes the author Graham Greene – the teachers must be so proud.

“In short, egotistical Casey is the perfect candidate for Love Island.” Yikes.

Layla Al-Momani

Layla Love Island school

Casa bombshell Layla went to South West London independent school Ibstock Place, where fees are currently £7,940 per term and the nearest after school hang out is Richmond Park.

Before the second world war, the grounds of Layla’s school were actually the home of Millicent Dawes, the Duchess of Sutherland. Since then, Ibstock has had a massive expansion and their state of the art Performing Arts Centre has been used to film the National Theatre Live and BBC Question Time.

In classic main character energy, Layla revealed on her LinkedIn she was house captain and sports president, so all of her confidence in the villa now pretty much makes sense.

Other London it girls who attended Ibstock include: Emily Blunt, Georgia May Jagger, Suki Waterhouse, Tilly Ramsay, and Bake Off legend Mary Berry.

Love Island 2023 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.