shows like Echoes Netflix

If you enjoyed watching Echoes on Netflix then you should watch these nine shows next

Suddenly I have no more free time x

Finished Echoes and thinking it isn’t possible that there are any other shows like it on Netflix? It’s true to be fair, there’s nothing out there with the twists and turns we saw in Echoes but there are plenty of shows ready to give it a run for its money.

Since Netflix dropped Echoes it’s all we have been talking about. I’m still 99 per cent sure I had no idea if I was watching Gina or Leni on my screen at points but I enjoyed it either way.

So if you loved the show, here are nine shows like Echoes which you should be watching next.

Echoes Netflix explained

via Netflix

Ringer

Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ringer focuses on the twins Siobhan and Bridget. Bridget is six-months sober when she happens to be a key witness to a murder. Right before she testifies, Bridget gets cold feet and visits her estranged sister in New York. When Siobhan seems to have commited suicide, Bridget takes over her life. See how similar to Echoes this is? It’s a big family-based psychological thriller.

Clickbait

Netflix released Clickbait a year ago and everyone was obsessed with it. It follows Nick, a man who goes missing and then a shocking video of him is posted online. The video claims Nick abuses wimen and says he will die if it goes viral. The man’s sister and his wife rush to try and find him an they end up uncovering a side of Nick that they didn’t know existed. It has a black mirror vibe to it.

The Sinner

the sinner season four filming locations

via Netflix

Straight away when watching The Sinner it’s obvious there’s something lurking and not quite right. The first season starts like any other mystery thriller, a short build up leads to young mother Cora Tannetti stabbing a man on a beach for seemingly no reason.

With the crime already committed and shown in detail, the mystery keeps the suspense going right until the ending as we don’t learn why Cora did it until the last minute.

Behind Her Eyes

Behind Her Eyes is a British psychological thriller created by Steve Lightfoot. It follows the story of Louise, a single mother, whose world is thrown off when she begins an affair with her new boss, David. Things take a dark turn when she’s drawn into an unlikely friendship with his wife, Adele. A love triangle starts and Louise finds herself stuck in a web of secrets.

The Stranger

The Stranger is another British drama with plot twists and turns. It’s based on a novel by Harlan Coben, who is now famous for his stories being turned into psychological dramas by Netflix. This show follows Adam, who looks as though he’s living a perfectly normal life. He has an stunning house where he lives with his wife and two sons. Then on one night a stranger sits down next to him in a bar and tells him his wife has been invovled in a web of lies, and he should get a DNA test on his two sons. The Stranger seems to know everything about everyone.

Stay Close

A trivia quiz about drama series Stay Close on Netflix

via Netflix

Stay Close was the psychological thriller that all of us hooked back in December 2021. The series follows Megan, a mother of three, Ray, a photographer, Broome, a detective and Lorraine, an old friend of Megan’s. The past comes back to haunt them and threatens to ruin the lives of those around them. It’s another Harlan Coben adaptation and it is really good.

Criminal UK

Criminal UK is a British police anthology series which stars David Tennant and Kit Harrington, among other big names. The story is set exclusively within a police interrogation room, where London investigators engage in intense interviews and mental conflict with suspects to find the answers to solve cases.

Bodyguard

Bodyguard is another British crime drama about David Budd, a war veteran turned police bodyguard who is assigned to protect the Home Secretary. He gets stuck in assassination plots, terrorism threats and the drama is through the roof. Just like Echoes, it’ll have you gasping as you watch.

Pretty Little Liars

Pretty Little Liars revolves around four friends who are stalked by an anonymous person who reveals their darkest secrets. They all work together to investigate the disappearance of their best mate, Allison.

The show starts off quite simple but soon webs into something more complicated as twists and turns unfold. It has Gossip Girl vibes but this one keeps us trying to work out who ‘A’ is and what secrets are being hidden amongst the group.

Echoes is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.