Owami Davies alive

Missing student nurse Owami Davies has been found and is alive

She had been missing for six weeks

Student nurse Owami Davies has been found alive and well, the Metropolitan Police has confirmed. Owami was found in Hampshire after a member of the public came forward following a police appeal.

Owami who was studying nursing at King’s College London was last seen leaving her home in Essex on July 4 and was last seen leaving Croydon on CCTV on July 7. Met Police have been working with Essex police to retrace the steps of the the 24-year-old.

It was revealed by the Met that officers had spoken to Owami in Croydon on July 6 but were unaware she was classified as a missing person because Essex Police did not update the Police National Computer with the information. In a press briefing, the Met said: “There was no inference of any crime being committed. She was clearly vulnerable by virtue of the fact that she was sleeping on the street.”

Five people were arrested in connection to her disappearance but were released on bail. Two were arrested on suspicion of murder and three on suspicion of kidnap, but the Metropolitan Police have said there was no evidence Owami had come to any harm.

The Police have previously said Owami “was in a vulnerable state when she was last seen”. A spokesperson for King’s College London said they were “deeply concerned” about her disappearance and hoped for her “swift and safe return”.

More to follow on this story.