MattyBRaps now

From new music to mullets: What is the iconic MattyBRaps up to now?

His Ms Jackson cover lives rent free in my head

If you go onto your TikTok For You Page right now, I can guarantee after a couple of scrolls you will be inundated with Matty B’s cover of Ms Jackson by OutKast. Matthew David Morris, professionally known as MattyBRaps, had us all in a chokehold back in 2010 for his covers that make Kidz Bop what it is today. But Matty is no longer the little kid we all remember, he is currently 19 years old and making somewhat better and original music. There is something quite wholesome about him keeping up with his music career. We all aged with him and now his covers have been taking over TikTok, it’s only natural to wonder what else he has been up to since the 2010s.

This everything MattyBRaps has been up to in the past 10 years:

Matty is 19 years old

Matty was born in January 2003, and in 2022 he celebrated his 19th birthday. His birthday post caption is everything you’d expect from someone his age. The caption reads: “Thanks for all the birthday wishes today. Love you guys. 19 rotations around the sun.” There is something quite hilarious about him being older than Love Island’s Gemma Owen.

He has just graduated high school

In May 2022, Matty shared a photo of him and his younger sister wearing a graduation gown and said: “That’s a wrap”. If he wasn’t the most popular kid in school, I’d be quite shocked but then again maybe I wouldn’t.

He still makes music!!!

If you thought Matty was no longer a rapper, you’d be wrong. He still uploads regularly to his YouTube channel with 14.6 million subscribers. Although his newer songs don’t pop off as much, they still get an impressive amount of views. His latest song Utopia has been viewed over 300,000 times but it still has the same cringe acting as his older videos did, but he has upped his rapping game! I wouldn’t be in a rush to add it to my playlist though.

He used to have a mullet

This may not seem important in the grand scheme of things, but it’s still a key thing to note.

For more of the best TikTok videos, trends and memes – follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.