Aubrey Oday Instagram photoshopped

Aubrey O’Day has been accused of photoshopping herself into a globetrotting Insta holiday

Naturally, she’s responded by photoshopping herself hugging Jesus in a bikini

Aubrey O’Day has been called out over the weekend after a TikTok went viral accusing her of editing herself into photoshopped holiday pictures on Instagram.

Aubrey O’Day, who made it big as a member of girl group Danity Kane and then the duo Dumblonde before coming on to Celebrity Big Brother UK, has filled her Instagram with vibrant and aesthetically pleasing visuals of the kind of exotic Indonesian holiday that most of us would sacrifice a Victorian orphan in order to have. However, the constant idyllic pictures accompanied with inspirational jargon filled captions caught wind of a TikTokker who has exposed Aubrey O’Day for her edits with some pretty damning evidence.

The TikTok has since been deleted, but not before it managed to plaster itself all over the internet. The TikTokker Sophie, aka @residualdata, accuses Aubrey O’Day of editing herself into photoshopped promotional stock images of Bali on her Instagram or stealing pictures from other content creators. “She either just steals content from other content creators or Photoshops herself onto random promotional images, with these very inspirational Instagram captions accompanying the photos,” Sophie says. She also then asked “In an era where social media comparison is so high and has real effects, why are we doing this?”

After the TikTok went viral, Aubrey O’Day made her 950,000 follower Insta account private. But Aubrey O’Day is not known as one to stay silent, and returned to Insta with a savage and to be honest, CAMP, response.

Photoshopping herself at the pearly gates in a bikini and then within the arms of Jesus Christ himself, Aubrey addressed the TikTok in typical fashion.

“Took the PJ [private jet, assumingly] to heaven in the last 24,” Aubrey writes. “Wanted to share with y’all how beautiful it was. Also ran into Jesus and we hugged it out. He told me to let the lil bird on TikTok with so much to say about my life that she needs to stop washing her p*ssy in the sink. We are adults baby, you gotta run the whole thing through the water.

“Not that I need to explain myself, but I’ve been in this industry for over 20 years and have been travelling the world since I was 7. If I want my Instagram to be curated like a museum of art then that’s what the f*ck is going to happen. I’m an artist, a real creator. I do all my creative from my music to my flicks. Everything from my hair, glam, nails, styling, backdrops, editing, shooting. The weather isn’t always perfect when I shoot and I vacation alone.

“Let alone the fact that a lot of the shots I give y’all are in places you have to spend hours scaling mountains to get to. Respect my aesthetic, I work hard to give y’all beautiful content that feels the way the places I travel vibrate because I want y’all to vibrate high with me. Lil Tok girl, I am so sorry to your place of work that allows you to sit on my page all day with binoculars, but I suggest you learn this lesson fast. You don’t even need to concentrate on others to be your own version of special and necessary in this world. You can make positive changes just by using your own gifts. Stop looking left and right if you wanna move forward.”

Basically, Aubrey admits the edits

So, from this rather pointed post it appears like Aubrey O’Day admits to her Instagram being mostly photoshopped. She did go to Bali though, she has Insta highlights documenting a lot of the trip. But curates her feed as a “Museum of ART”. You do you, doll!

Featured image credit @aubreyoday