New Never Have I Ever cast member

Meet Anirudh Pisharody: The new cast member in Netflix’s Never Have I Ever

He originally wanted to be a doctor!

Season three of Never Have I Ever has just dropped on Netflix and once again we are about to be taken on a chaotic ride with Devi and her high school antics. The new season will see the introduction of new student Des, played by Anirudh Pisharody, who is about to muddle things up for Devi and Paxton. The 28-year-old actor has had fans talking about him non-stop as they excitedly wait to see how he’s going to make this already chaotic love triangle, a love square.

Here is everything you need to know about the new Never Have I Ever cast member, Anirudh Pisharody:

Anirudh is 28 and from India

Anirudh was born in February 1994, making him an Aquarius! He was born in Kerala, India before moving to Texas in the US with his parents. He moved with LA for work and now lives there with his wife. Speaking to Elle India, he said: “My whole plan was to go to med school and be a doctor. After graduating college, I took a gap year, went for a nine-to-five job in Washington DC and hated it. It wasn’t for me, I was just floundering there.

“My girlfriend at the time, who’s now my wife, was living in Los Angeles, and so I decided to quit my job and move out there.” The new Never Have I Ever cast member is reportedly six feet tall, in case you were interested.

Anirudh has featured in 30 different projects

The 28-year-old already has an impressive resume since he began acting in 2017 and has starred in almost 30 different TV and film projects. He is well known for his role as Ravi Panikkar in 9-1-1 on Fox. Fans may also recognise him from his roles in The Goldbergs, Last Man Standing and Chicken Girls.

Who does Anirudh play in Never Have I Ever?

Des is a new character in Never Have I Ever, a student at an elite private school who catches Devi’s eye. He is the son of one of Devi’s mother’s friends and is set to wedge himself in between the already very awkward love triangle.

Anirudh is a college grad

According to his official LinkedIn profile, he was enrolled at The University of Texas at Austin 2013 and achieved a Bachelor of Science in Public Health in 2016. From 2017 to 2018, he completed his Certificate in Film, Cinema and Video Studies at the University of California in Los Angeles.

Anirudh is married to his long-term partner

Anirudh is married to director and producer Jill V. Dae. Anirudh proposed to Jill in Italy in July 2019 and the rest is history as they say. Jill has worked on various projects including Burb Patrol.

Anirudh has almost 40k followers on his Instagram

The new Never Have I Ever cast member is on Instagram and has almost 40,000 followers. Anirudh’s Instagram handle is @anirudh.pisharody and he shares wholesome BTS pics from 9-1-1 and adorable snaps of him and his wife.

Never Have I Ever season three is now streaming on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Related students recommended by this writer:

Stranger Things 5 is ages away, so here’s everything you can catch the cast in next

Quiz: Can you correctly guess who said these iconic Grey’s Anatomy quotes?

Guys! Jason Oppenheim has a new model girlfriend who may appear on Selling Sunset

Featured image credit via Instagram @anirudh.pisharody.