Noah Schnapp just confirmed Will Byers is ‘100 per cent’ gay and in love with Mike

He said he hopes to have a coming out scene when the time is right❤️

Stranger Things four really heighted the speculation around Will Byers and his sexuality. But it also gave us a bunch of answers, even if they weren’t as obvious as some fans would like. Noah Schanpp, who plays Will Byers, has finally confirmed exactly what fans have been waiting to hear: Will is gay and in love with his best mate Mike Wheeler.

In previous interviews, Noah has never really been explicit about Will’s sexuality. He’s mentioned before how it’s up to the audience’s interpretation. But after watching the whole of season four – it became pretty clear Will was into Mike, fans just needed confirmation.

In an interview with Variety, Noah confirmed Will is gay and he is love with Mike Wheeler.  He said: “I mean it’s pretty clear this season that Will has feelings for Mike. They’ve been intentionally pulling that out over the past few seasons. Even in season one, they hinted at that and slowly, slowly grew that storyline. I think for season four, it was just me playing this character who loves his best friend but struggles with knowing if he’ll be accepted or not, and feeling like a mistake and like he doesn’t belong. Will has always felt like that.”

He also said now Will is getting older, his sexuality is more of a real and obvious thing. Noah said: “Now it’s 100 per cent clear that he is gay and he does love Mike”.

In case you missed it, Will is set to be the main focus of season five. Noah has said he hopes to have a proper coming out scene when the time is right – I love him so much.

Stranger Things is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.