julia fox amber heard

‘So in love with her’: Julia Fox defends Amber Heard as trial enters fifth week

The actress called Johnny Depp ‘powerful’

Julia Fox has spoken out in defence of Amber Heard as the court case moves into its fifth week.

Johnny Depp is suing his ex-wife for £40 million ($50 million) over a 2018 Washington Post article, in which she branded herself a “public figure representing domestic abuse.”  Heard is countersuing Depp for £81 million ($100 million) in damages.

The trial took a week’s hiatus on 9th May, after Heard testified against her ex-husband. During this time, many public figures (including Chris Rock and the cast of SNL) openly disputed the actress’ claims – posting on social media, making memes and sketches about the lawsuit. Julia Fox is one of the first celebrities to speak in support of her.

julia fox amber heard

Commenting on an Italian “tea” Instagram account, Fox said: “So in love with (Heard) and this is clearly a sick way of still controlling her life by suing her all over the world.”

In 2018, Depp sued News Group Newspapers (The Sun) for branding him a “wife-beater” in the wake of Heard’s allegations. He ultimately lost the case, and Judge Andrew Nichol ruled the articles were “substantially true.”

Fox continued: “(Heard) never had the power in the relationship to be abusive to him. Did she hit him? Yes. Was it abuse? No. You need to have power to be able to abuse it. She was 25. He clearly was always way more powerful including physically and financially.”

johnny depp amber heard timeline

Photo via NBC

Heard claimed in her testimony Depp had sexually assaulted her while under the influence of alcohol, while Depp maintains his innocence. The jury is expected to arrive at a verdict sometime after 27th May.