Sandy After Life season three

Explained: Here’s why we didn’t see Sandy in the third season of Netflix’s After Life

Apparently Ricky Gervais had to rewrite parts of the script

After Life has been totally (and rightfully) dominating the top ten on Netflix since season three dropped earlier this month, but everyone has been asking the same question: where the hell was Sandy? In case you don’t remember, Sandy was probably one of the nicest characters on the show. She was played by Mandeep Dhillon and she’s a journalist working for Tony at The Tambury Gazette. After joining the cast in season one, everyone fell in love with her so to not see her for the final season was gutting. Here’s everything we know about why Sandy was absent from season three of After Life:

Sandy’s role was a trainee at the paper, and in the third season we saw her be replaced with a new writer, Coleen. But since the latest series dropped Mandeep has not said anything about why she didn’t feature. Ricky Gervais said: “We tried to make it work with Mandeep. So did she, but she had a contract with this thing in America. It got closer and she just couldn’t do it. Because of Covid, she had to go early. And that’s fine. These things happen all the time. You can’t get angry about it, so you rewrite it and hope it still turns out great.”

Apparently Ricky found himself cutting down a lot of the episodes which meant he could focus on bigger storylines. I guess all we can do is hope, pray and manifest a fourth season of After Life with Sandy in it.

After Life is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.