The Kissing Booth 3 is getting absolutely torn to shreds on Rotten Tomatoes

It’s rated the worst of the three films, and is one of the lowest scores for a Netflix film ever

Right, let’s firstly get it out the way that everyone in the world is aware The Kissing Booth trilogy is trash. The plot is thin, the characters are a bit annoying and it’s just in general not very good. But that is the exact reason why we love it. I take its trashiness and soak up every last second of it. I love the chaos of Elle, I love the recycled storylines and I love that I can spend the majority of the film on my phone but still recap the entire premise to you. So it should be no surprise that the latest instalment, The Kissing Booth 3, is being absolutely ripped apart on rating site Rotten Tomatoes.

The third film follows the summer before Elle heads off to college and guess what?! She’s in another triangle. This time she faces the tough decision of whether to move across the country with her dreamy boyfriend Noah, or stay faithful to her lifelong promise to go to college with her BFF Lee. Classic.

Reviews of The Kissing Booth 3 Netflix movie on Rotten Tomatoes

via Netflix

Critics on Rotten Tomatoes are calling The Kissing Booth 3 ‘cringe’, ‘bland’ and ‘woeful’

The reviews of the film are savage. Right now, it’s rated as “Rotten” on the site (as opposed to “Fresh”) – with an audience score of 18 per cent and a critic score of 13 per cent. One particularly bad review celebrates that the “woeful” trilogy is “finally over” referring to the film as “forced”, “embarrassing” and having “cringe dialogue” and “horrible characters”. It adds the film’s “complete lack of realism and prominence of youthful privilege is annoying, if not downright infuriating.”

One review speaks of the conversations in the film, saying: “I found myself wanting to erase many of the exchanges in the film from my brain.” It goes on to describe the film franchise overall as “tired” and The Kissing Booth 3 in particular as “lackluster, overstuffed”. Another review adds: “Like a scoop of vanilla ice cream atop scoops of chocolate and strawberry, The Kissing Booth 3 rounds out the sugary teen trilogy with a fitting, if bland, finale.”

As well as the film itself, one review outright slates the characters too – saying Joey King (Elle) and Jacob Elordi (Noah) appear to be tired in their roles. “King, who normally tries her best to sell Elle’s growing pains of young love, looks a little more checked out this time,” it reads. “She’s left behind the wide-eyed optimism of the previous chapters for an Elle who seems so tired by it all, she can do little more than cry or snap at the new woman dating her dad. Elordi’s cool hot boyfriend shtick also seems similarly tired. His character’s macho posturing is less about connecting with Elle than being too insecure with her.”

The rest of the trilogy doesn’t exactly score well either. The Kissing Booth 2 was reviewed as “dumb” and “objectively bad”, scoring 26 per cent from critics and the first film scores 15 per cent from critics. This means the third and final film in the trilogy is currently being rated as the worst yet.

via Netflix

Some famous Netflix flops on Rotten Tomatoes include 365 Days which scored 0 per cent from critics and 29 per cent from the audience and 13 Reasons Why, which scored seven per cent.

There are a fair few films on Rotten Tomatoes which score a very straight up 0 per cent, but in terms of Netflix films, The Kissing Booth 3 is in the top 10 lowest ranking ever. It’s only beaten by films The Do-Over (nine per cent), The Last Thing He Wanted (five per cent) and five other films nobody in the world has ever heard of which all score 0.

The Kissing Booth trilogy is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.