The Kissing Booth 2 is being called ‘dumb’ and ‘objectively bad’ on Rotten Tomatoes

The critics are tearing it to shreds

The Kissing Booth 2 might be the number one film on Netflix right now, but the reviews it’s getting on Rotten Tomatoes are pretty savage.

The film currently has a harsh score of 26 per cent from critics and an audience score of 44 per cent. 23 critics have rated the film, with 17 rating it as “rotten” over “fresh”. The sequel aired on Netflix last week and follows Elle after a loved up summer with Noah. But when he goes off to Harvard, she meets hot new guy Marco and has to decide which of the two Greek gods she wants more.

It’s an undeniably trashy film, but come on, we love it. The critics however, certainly do not.

The Kissing Booth 2, Rotten Tomatoes, kissing booth, reviews, critic, audience, rating, score, movie, film, Netflix

Rotten Tomatoes reviews of The Kissing Booth 2 call it ‘long’, ‘dumb’ and ‘objectively bad’

One review quite simply says: “It’s long, dumb and there’s nothing below these high-school students’ conspicuously perfect complexions. But, hey, teens love this crap!” Which to be honest, is a fair statement.

Another Rotten Tomatoes critic adds: “Although the first instalment didn’t exactly leave us with high hopes going into the sequel, The Kissing Booth 2 somehow manages to be equally as bad, if not worse, than its predecessor.” Whilst another reads: “It’s objectively bad, and I had a bad time.”

One more review calls the sequel “about one-third as funny and not even half as charming” as the first, rating it just one and a half stars. Whilst another adds that it is “overwrought, overstuffed and overlong”.

All in all, not great really.

The Kissing Booth 2 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.