smithy family, tiktok fire

Everything we know about the fire which damaged TikTok stars the Smithy Family’s house

A video has been released showing the moment a man set the family’s car on fire

TikTok stars the Smithy Family have been forced out of their house after a fire destroyed their car and damaged their home.

Since the fire last week, Dad Nick has been posting updates on the family’s situation, while police investigate the blaze as suspected arson.

Here’s what we know, and the latest on the fire’s aftermath.

The Smithy family have been forced to leave their house after a fire damaged it

Dad Nick, along with partner Jess and children Amelia, Isabella, live in Welling, south London, and document their antics for 3.1 million TikTok followers

Nick had been a bricklayer seven days a week before TikTok fame gave him the chance to do the semi-detached family home  up.

But the house was damaged by a fire on Wednesday 14th July with the whole family in the house – including the family’s newborn baby.

More than 20 firefighters attended the blaze, and the family fortunately got out safely.

A video has been released of the moment their car was set on fire

A video has been released showing the moment the fire started.

Two men walk up and down the road, before lingering by the family’s car. One forces the window open, while the other sets the car on fire. Nick said the attackers had a “milk bottle full of accelerant”.

After the fire starts, the man who started it can be running down the street with his hand on fire.

@footballcohdCCTV Footage of their car getting set on fire ##fypシ ##foryou ##foryoupage ##thesmithyfamily ##fire ##england ##trending

♬ Sit Back Down (feat. Maleek Berry) – Not3s

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “We were called to reports of a car alight that had spread up the outside of the house.

“There were a number of mobility scooters parked outside which had caught alight and were producing a large amount of smoke and flames.

“Everyone was out of the building before we arrived, and crews worked incredibly hard to prevent further damage to the inside of the property and to neighbouring properties.”

The Smithy family got out of the house okay

Thankfully, the family escaped the fire. In a video posted in the fire’s aftermath, Nick said: “We all got out the house OK, the kids are fine, me and Jess are fine, the dogs are OK. The house ain’t OK.”

A video shows the car destroyed and the external walls of the house blackened. Inside, the family’s belongings and the walls are coated in soot.

@thesmithyfamily ♬ original sound – smithyfamily

Police are investigating it as suspected arson, but no arrests have been made so far. Jess and the kids are living separately in a “safe place”, Nick revealed.

In a message to the as-yet-unknown arsonists, Nick told the BBC: “For those 15 seconds of fun in your eyes, it could have taken away many years from my family.”

The Smithy family has been previously targeted after their address leaked

Neighbour Lisa told MailOnline that: “One day, they got 95 takeaways delivered and then they had prostitutes or escorts showing up at his house.”

Nick also revealed people had thrown stones at the home after their address was leaked online.

He has denied that the fire was an insurance job and said there’s a reward for any information

Since the fire, Nick has been posting videos praising people showing the family love. He’s also been vigorously calling out people claiming the fire was an insurance job, asking why he would burn down his own house, and saying the family would not financially benefit.

@thesmithyfamilyOur family is in bits I can’t believe people would think he would do this to ourselves what is wrong with you♬ original sound – smithyfamily

He’s also been stitching videos with Lawrence, and sharing that it’s been “up and down” for the family since the fire. In a bid to find the culprits, Nick also shared that his mother-in-law has “put up a £5,000 reward for any information given to the police leading to the arrest of the two people who committed the crime, or to people who may have organised it.”