Say hello to Sharon Gaffka: The beauty queen and law student on Love Island 2021

Oh, and she can speak three languages

It’s finally time, and Love Island 2021 is getting underway. And in life, only one thing is for certain: When this show is on, you will become unhealthy levels of obsessed with all of the Islanders. So here is everything you could ever want and more about new Love Island cast member, Sharon Gaffka.

Sharon is sure to bring a lot to the villa this year, as she’s a law grad, civil servant, beauty queen AND can speak three languages. She describes herself as the “outrageous” one in her friendship group, which only means good things for drama in the sun. Here’s the lowdown.

Love Island 2021 cast member profile

Sharon in her Love Island promo shoot, via ITV

New Love Island cast member Sharon is 25 and from Oxford

Sharon Gaffka is 25-years-old and from Oxford. Speaking to ITV about her ideal partner, she said: “I have this thing where if something doesn’t work out with one person, I’ll try and go for the other extreme to see if that works out. I tend to date someone who is taller than me, even though my last long-term partner, he was actually someone who was shorter than me. I’m quite an intellectual person so I want someone who can kind of match that.”

Sharon Gaffka

via Instagram @sharongaffka

Before appearing on Love Island, Sharon worked as a civil servant

Sharon currently works as a civil servant, as Operations Lead for Department of Transport. She has been a civil servant since she was 18, and has worked in lots of different departments. For the last year, Sharon has been working on the Brexit policy and did a stint during the Coronavirus pandemic in the Department of Health helping deliver testing kits and managing the operations. “It’s been an intense year”, she said.

A source told the Sun: “Sharon is intensely political and a big campaigner around equality and women’s rights. She’s always talked of wanting to work in politics so is likely to use her platform on the show to talk about issues which she feels passionately about. She is going to take everyone by surprise.”

Sharon Gaffka: Meet the new Love Island 2021 contestant, Instagram, age

via Instagram @sharongaffka

‘I’m the most outrageous one in the group’

When asked about why she wanted to take part in Love Island, Sharon said: “It’s been a bit of a running joke between my friendship group for a while that I should apply, probably because I’m the most outrageous one out of the group. But also because of COVID and the lockdown, I’m the only single one in my friendship group. They’re either married or planning on getting married. I don’t want to be the only one in the group chat that is single anymore!”

Sharon Gaffka: Meet the new Love Island 2021 contestant, Instagram, age, job, university, profile

via Instagram @sharongaffka

Sharon goes to uni in London and is a Law student

Sharon is currently studying for a law degree from the University of London. According to LinkedIn she studies at Birkbeck, The University of London, having started in 2018 on a part-time course which is due to end in 2022.

Sharon is also an ambassador for The Young Women’s Trust, which is a feminist organisation working to achieve economic justice for young women. Oh, and she can also speak Indonesian and French.

She has 27k followers on Instagram

At the time of publishing, Sharon already has 27k on Instagram. She posts loads of selfies, and pictures of herself out with mates and having a great time. Her handle is @sharongaffka. 

Sharon Gaffka: Meet the new Love Island 2021 contestant, Instagram

via Instagram @sharongaffka

Sharon is also an advocate for equal rights for women’s menstrual hygiene, working as an influencer for a tampon brand that aims to fight period poverty.

Sharon is a beauty pageant queen and insists she ‘won’t have sex on TV’ like former Love Island beauty queen Zara Holland

Sharon Gaffka: Meet the new Love Island 2021 contestant, beauty pageant, Miss UK, Instagram

via Instagram @sharongaffka

Sharon has insisted that she won’t be having sex on TV, following the on-screen scandal of former Islander and Miss GB, Zara Holland. Zara was stripped of her Miss GB crown after having sex on TV in series two of Love Island. Sharon was crowned Miss International UK in 2018 and her pals have said there is “zero chance” of seeing her getting up to anything like that in the villa.

Love Island 2021 starts on Monday 28th June on ITV2. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.