Starburst challenge

Why’s everyone on TikTok talking about Starbursts? The Starburst challenge explained

The iconic sweet’s been turned into a TikTok kissing trend

Remember Starbursts, the iconic sweet of our childhoods? Well they’re back and all over your For You Page in the latest TikTok trend, the Starburst kissing challenge.

TikTok’s given us some great trends and sounds, and even taught us all about how to manifest. But now people all over the app have apparently revolutionised the way we kiss, and they say it’s all thanks to the humble Starburst sweet. But what actually is the TikTok Starburst trend, how do I do it and does it even work? Here’s everything you need to know:

What is the Starburst kissing challenge on TikTok?

At the start of May, TikTok user @saraballinnn posted a video with “making out after eating Starbursts >>” written on it, captioned “definitely recommend” and using the “Have you seen the state of her body” sound.

@saraballinnndefinitely recommend #fyp #starburst♬ Body (Remix) [feat. ArrDee, E1 (3×3), ZT (3×3), Bugzy Malone, Buni, Fivio Foreign & Darkoo] – Tion Wayne & Russ Millions

The video now has 3.5 million views, as well as almost 750k likes and 30,000 comments. It also has loads of people stitching it, saying they agree or showing them eating Starbursts with their partner.

How do I do the TikTok Starburst kissing challenge?

So from the videos, people on TikTok are basically saying that kissing tastes good after eating a load of Starbursts. However, some people have said they “don’t get the hype”.

If you want to try it out for yourself, find someone you can kiss, nip out to your nearest big Sains to grab some Starburst, eat them and, well, kiss each other. Did you really need me to explain that to you?

There’s no scientific word yet on which flavour works the best, but come on – we all know green is the nicest Starburst.

Here are some TikToks of people talking about the Starburst challenge:

@xjdizzyx#starburstkisschallenge yes do this lmao! Oh yeah I’m back home btw eeeee!!♬ original sound – JC

@juliaforrantHonest opinion, we don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♀️ #starburstchallenge #starburstkisschallenge #LoveMeMode #RefundGlowUp #fyp#SayQuayNotKway♬ Body (Remix) [feat. ArrDee, E1 (3×3), ZT (3×3), Bugzy Malone, Buni, Fivio Foreign & Darkoo] – Tion Wayne & Russ Millions

@averycyrus#stitch with @saraballinnn it’s a yes from us 😜♬ Body (Remix) [feat. ArrDee, E1 (3×3), ZT (3×3), Bugzy Malone, Buni, Fivio Foreign & Darkoo] – Tion Wayne & Russ Millions