fake instagram account

Explained: How to find out who is behind a fake Instagram account

Who is my mystery stalker?

If you don’t closely study each and every person that watches your Instagram story then you’re a liar because you definitely do. However, when you’ve been having a good look, have you ever noticed one account that keeps watching your stories despite not following you (or anybody else for that matter)? Topped off with a strange/fake-sounding username and no posts, there’s something really odd about an anonymous account watching your every move.

Well, the likelihood is that it could be someone you know using a burner account to keep up to date with your movements on Instagram. Wouldn’t it be nice to know who exactly is behind the said account? Well, one TikToker has come up with a quick hack that tells you the name of the person who the account is attributed to, and it takes literal seconds.

@cecilydonalReply to @menna_sameh28 I’ve got you girls 🤍🤍🤍 ##instagram ##foryoupage♬ original sound – Cecily Donal

How do I find out who is behind a fake Instagram account?

So, you want to see if your ex-partner is watching your Instagram stories on their burner account? Same, and it’s pretty easy to do by following these easy steps:

• Firstly, identify the account that you want to find. This will likely be done by viewing who has seen your story, then scrolling down to the bottom to find names that you don’t recognise.

• Note down the account name of your secret stalker and head to “add account” under your name.

• Add the account name, then tap “forgotten password?”. Enter the username one more time and then you will get confirmation that an SMS link has been sent.

• From here you will see either the email address or phone number of the person who owns the account. Now, it’s as simple as searching those few characters in your contacts to see if it’s anyone you know.

And that’s all there is to it – you now know who is behind the fake Instagram account! Bear in mind this will send a link to their phone number or email address notifying them that somebody has tried to get into their account, but they won’t know who – so enjoy!