lgbt history quiz

Take this quiz to find out how much you actually know about LGBTQ+ history

School taught us nothing, so how much do you know really?

LGBTQ+ people have literally existed for the whole of human history, but it’s actually embarrassing how little we know about queer history. Much of this is down to schools, which taught us pretty much nothing about LGBT history – and now you can test how much of it you really know by taking this quiz.

But we can’t just blame it on school – whether you’re part of the community or an ally, it’s up to us all to do the work and educate ourselves about LGBTQ+ history, people and queer issues. Once you’ve taken this quiz, here’s a list of a load of films, documentaries and series you can watch to learn more about LGBT history.

Whether you’re LGBTQ+ or an ally, test your knowledge of LGBT history with this quiz:

The Tab’s Pride reporting series is putting a focus on highlighting LGBTQ+ issues and celebrating queer voices across UK campuses.

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story you can contact Switchboard, the LGBTQ+ helpline, on 0300 330 0630 or visit their website. You can also find help through The Mix

If you’ve got a story you’d like to tell us – whether it’s an incident of homophobia on campus, an experience you’d like to share, or anything you think we should hear, get in touch in confidence by emailing [email protected]

Read more from The Tab’s Pride series:

What is ‘rainbow-washing’? How to tell if it’s happening to you

Here are 12 films, docs and series you need to watch to learn more about LGBTQ+ history

• Here’s an A-Z of all the LGBTQ+ words and phrases you need to know

You can find all articles from The Tab’s Pride series here

Featured image before edits via Margaux Bellott on Unsplash