Wild series about rise and fall of fashion designer Halston drops on Netflix this week

It’s by Ryan Murphy and Ewan McGregor plays the lead

It’s one of those shows that seems like it’s been forever in the making, but finally new drama series Halston is being released on Netflix this week.

The five-part series is created by Ryan Murphy and stars Ewan McGregor as the late fashion designer, Roy Halston Frowick. It follows his rise to fame in 1970s New York and his high-flying and lavish lifestyle amongst the rich and famous.

The drama comes on Friday, so here’s what we know ahead of its release.

Halston, Netflix, trailer, cast, release date, synopsis, about, plot, Ewan McGregor

via Netflix

Halston on Netflix is all about the legendary fashion designer, Roy Halston Frowick

The limited series, Halston, follows the legendary fashion designer (played by Ewan McGregor). It looks at how he leveraged his single, invented name into a worldwide fashion empire that’s synonymous with luxury, sex, status and fame – literally defining the era he lived in, 1970s and ‘80s New York. That’s until a hostile takeover forced Halston to battle for control of his most precious asset – the name Halston itself.

via Netflix

Halston was a regular face at iconic club Studio 54, was friends with some of the biggest names in the world and Calvin Klein called him the “greatest American fashion designer who ever lived”. He was raking in millions and was the most sought after designer of the stars, but the sex and drugs lifestyle never lasts forever. At the height of his fame, Halston lost control of his spending, lifestyle, and most importantly – his fashion house.

The series is executive produced by Ryan Murphy (American Horror Story, Glee, Ratched, The Politician, Pose) and also has Krysta Rodriguez as Liza Minnelli and Bill Pullman (Harry Ambrose in The Sinner) among the cast.

Watch the trailer for Halston on Netflix here:

Halston is available on Netflix from May 14th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.