Britney ‘cried for two weeks’ after watching parts of the Framing Britney Spears doc

The singer has finally responded to the blockbuster documentary

Britney Spears has finally responded to the Framing Britney Spears documentary, saying she “cried for two weeks” after watching parts of it.

The documentary, which detailed the singer’s career and struggles with her mental health and legal conservatorship, was released last month, and Britney said it “embarrassed” her.

“I didn’t watch the documentary, but from what I did see of it I was embarrassed by the light they put me in,” she wrote in an Instagram post.

“I cried for two weeks and well…I still cry sometimes!!!!”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Britney Spears (@britneyspears)

To accompany the caption – which directly addressed the documentary for the first time – she also recorded a video of her dancing to Crazy by Aerosmith.

Last week, Britney’s lawyer asked a judge to permanently remove her father, Jamie, as her legal conservator.

Jamie stepped down temporarily in 2019 and was replaced by Jodi Montgomery, who Britney now wants to become her permanent conservator.

“My life has always been very speculated… watched… and judged really my whole life !!!” wrote Britney in the Instagram post.

“It takes a lot of strength to TRUST the universe with your real vulnerability cause I’ve always been so judged…insulted…and embarrassed by the media…and I still am till this day.”