Ranked: These are the degree subjects most sought-after by employers
There must be a mistake, philosophy is nowhere to be seen?
Engineering students can make up for being completely unwanted during their time at uni with the knowledge that they’re the most sought-after by graduate employers.
Experts at money.co.uk analysed one million job ads and figured out which degrees were specified the most often – engineering topped the list with almost twice as many adverts listing it as a requirement than the next most in-demand subject.
Unsurprisingly, the list is dominated by STEM and business-based subjects.
The full list of the 20 most sought-after degree subjects:
- Engineering: 76,838 job adverts
- Business: 36,906 job adverts
- Management: 32,546 job adverts
- Design: 17,846 job adverts
- Marketing: 16,872 job adverts
- Computer Science: 16,442 job adverts
- Construction: 11,580 job adverts
- Computer Engineering: 9,674 job adverts
- Software Engineering: 9,556 job adverts
- Finance: 7,638 job adverts
- Care: 7,290 job adverts
- Accounting: 7,282 job adverts
- Law: 6,756 job adverts
- Systems Engineering: 6,032 job adverts
- Data Science: 5,666 job adverts
- Computer Systems: 5,304 job adverts
- Information Systems: 5,142 job adverts
- Computer Information Systems: 4,870 job adverts
- Computer Systems Engineering: 4,814 job adverts
- Chemistry: 3,918 job adverts