Married at First Sight Australia stars are ‘preparing a lawsuit’ against the show

They think their negative portrayals have led to ‘psychological trauma’

Some of the stars of Married at First Sight Australia season six are reportedly getting ready to sue the show after their negative portrayals led to “psychological trauma.”

The unnamed cast members are talking to lawyers to assess their chances of getting damages, the Sun reports, incensed by the trolling they faced from UK fans when the show aired on E4 two years after it was originally shown in Australia.

The re-airing has “opened up fresh wounds” for the stars having to face a “second backlash”, a source told the Sun.

Relationship Dr Trisha Stratford’s decision to quit the show is believed to have buoyed the aggrieved contestants. Dr Stratford left because she disagreed with the direction the show was heading in and started to worry for the participants’ mental health.

“By the end, I couldn’t compromise my professional and personal standards because there were participants on the show who I felt shouldn’t have been there,” Dr Stratford told Women’s Day.

There’s also a history of Australia reality stars winning payouts from producers. Nicole Prince, who appeared on Aussie home makeover show House Rules, won compensation in 2019 after being portrayed as a bully on the show.

Married at First Sight Australia Season 6 is available to watch on All 4 now. 

Related Married at First Sight Australia stories:

• All the Married at First Sight Australia Season 6 gossip that went down after the show

• Married at First Sight Australia Season 6: Where are they now?

• The MAFS web: The Season 6 cast members who stayed in touch after the show

• Here are all the Instagrams for the Married at First Sight Australia Season 6 cast

• Which Married at First Sight Australia girl are you? Take this quiz to find out