caroline flack tributes

Lewis Burton, Iain Stirling and Love Islanders share moving tributes to Caroline Flack

Today marks the one year anniversary of her death

Lewis Burton leads the tributes to Caroline Flack on the one year anniversary of her death.

Posting on Instagram, Lewis shared a selfie of himself and Caroline and captioned it “One year…I will never forget you.”

Lewis and Caroline were together until her death last year when she died by suicide aged 40.

via Instagram @mrlewisburton

Andrew Brady, who was at one point engaged to Caroline, shared an emotional tribute to her on a WordPress document. In the piece he speaks at length of how much he loved Caroline and misses her.

He wrote: “Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of Caroline’s death, the person I loved more than anyone I ever thought possible.

“Not a day goes by that I don’t think of her, I have some truly incredible memories of her etched on to my mind for eternity.”

via Instagram @carolineflack

Andrew also spoke of her many great qualities, including how kind and beautiful she was.

He wrote: “Caroline had a beautiful soul, a perfect smile, a contagious laugh, an interesting story and she had an incredibly complex mind. She had such a unique energy and presence, like nothing I have felt.

“She was so talented, she was so intelligent, she was so friendly and she was so beautiful. But her heart, that was trapped in barbed wire from all the negativity and judgement she sustained for so long.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Iain Stirling (@iaindoesjokes)

Many of Caroline’s friends have shared tributes to her today. Iain Stirling posted on his Instagram photo of the two of them together and captioned it: “To my friend Caroline, thinking of you today. Miss you mate x”.

Laura Whitmore spoke about Caroline on her radio show yesterday where she played the song “Glory of Love” for Caroline. Laura also shared a photo of herself with Caroline and a quote which read “You’ve got to laugh a little, cry a little, until the clouds roll by a little.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Laura (@thewhitmore)

Amanda Holden and Rita Ora have both shared posts dedicated to Caroline, and Love Island shared their own post to her which said “Remembering Caroline 1979-2020 Always in our hearts.”

Many ex-Love Islanders posted on their Instagram stories warm words about Caroline, here are just some of those tributes:

Featured image credits via Instagram @thewhitmore, @mrlewisburton

If you are struggling to cope, please call Samaritans on 116 123 (UK and Ireland), email [email protected], or visit the Samaritans website to find details of the nearest branch. Samaritans is available round the clock, every single day of the year, providing a safe place for anyone struggling to cope, whoever they are, however they feel, whatever life has done to them.