Primark is opening some stores for up to 24-hours a day after lockdown ends
Catch me shopping there at 2am
Primark has announced it will be opening some of its stores for 24-hours a day after lockdown ends.
All 153 of the stores across England will be reopening on December 2nd with extended trading hours in them all. Some shops will be open until midnight, whilst 11 will be open all day long so that shoppers can do their shopping safely and to help maintain social distancing.
The store had previously announced plans to do this, with the chief executive George Weston saying: “If we are able to trade in some stores up to 24 hours a day, then we can keep people more separate from each other more easily. We can keep the stores safer if everyone knows there are plenty trading hours and they do not have to rush on a Sunday into a six-hour period.”
The store has since confirmed these plans to cater for the anticipated higher customer demand ahead of the festive season.
Primark stores located in retail parks and major shopping centres will trade until 10pm at a minimum, with some stores trading as late as midnight. 11 stores will open for 24 hours from 7am on 2 December right through until closing time on 3 December. All other stores across England will trade until at least 8pm on weekdays until 23 December.
Primark CEO, Paul Marchant, said: “We are delighted to re-open our stores in England on 2nd December, with longer shopping hours to give our customers more time to safely do their festive shopping. We have everything this season that our customers expect from Primark, including our famous Christmas jumpers, festive pyjamas and much, much more. All of our extensive safety measures remain in place to help ensure shopping at Primark is an enjoyable, safe experience for everyone.”
Here is a full breakdown of which Primark shops will have what opening times, and which will be open for 24 hours:
During December, Primark’s UK stores will trade to a minimum of 8pm on weekdays
• Town High Street stores will trade until 8pm
• Town Shopping centre stores will trade until 8pm
• Retail Parks will trade until 10pm as a minimum, with the following stores trading until midnight: Charlton, York Monks Cross, Banbury, Edinburgh Fort.
• Major Shopping Centres will trade until 10pm as a minimum, with the following stores trading; Until 11pm: Meadowhall, Bluewater, Lakeside, Metro, White City, Stratford. Until Midnight: Leeds White Rose, Braehead, Trafford
• Major High St Stores, the majority will trade until 10pm, with the following stores trading; Until 9pm: Belfast Bank, Belfast Fountain house, Bristol, Nottingham. Until 11pm: Oxford St East, Oxford St West
24-hour trading: Primark will trade in the following stores from 7am on Wednesday 2nd December and trade 24 hours through until normal closing time on Thursday 3rd December.
Trafford, York Monks Cross, Leeds White Rose, Bluewater, Lakeside, Birmingham Fort, Meadowhall, Stratford, White City, Charlton, Gateshead Metrocentre.