chris watts parents

Chris Watts’ parents comment on American Murder and say they ‘will never get over this’

‘We still love our son no matter what’

Chris Watts’ parents, Ronnie and Cindy Watts, have spoken out for the first time since Netflix’s American Murder: The Family Next Door came out.

His parents say they were upset with some of the videos shown in the documentary, and they still support their son and miss their grandchildren every day.

American Murder: The Murder Next Door covers the true story of the murders of Shanann, Bella, Celeste and Nico Watts who were all killed by Chris Watts. The documentary features court and police footage, as well as images and videos provided by Shanann’s family, who have praised the documentary for giving their daughter a voice.

In an exclusive interview with The Sun, Ronnie and Cindy spoke about their son Chris, who was given five life sentences after confessing to the murders of his wife and children.

Cindy claims Chris knows nothing about the documentary, despite reports that Chris does know about it and is curious, but also feels a lot of shame towards himself for his actions.

His mother also said American Murder: The Family Next Door left so much out including conversations Chris had with his dad.

She said: “Chris doesn’t know anything about the documentary, we told him nothing about it. People come up with all these narratives. None of it is true. I’m living it, and I have been living it every single day for two years.

“It’s nothing he hasn’t lived through, he saw it, they didn’t even show all the conversations that Christopher had with his dad, they didn’t show anything, there was so much left out.”

Cindy went onto say she and Ronnie had watched the documentary over the weekend and she was shocked to see videos of Shanann and the children as she thought they “were private”.

She said: “Ronnie and I watched it on Saturday night. I was shocked to see videos that I thought were private of Shanann and the kids, showing me on the slip and slide in the backyard.

“There are things that are private, everything doesn’t have to be documented. I would have preferred those not to be in there, but they were, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

“There’s not one day that goes by that I don’t wake up with them on my mind, I go to sleep with them on my mind, I will never, ever get over this. It’s something that stays with you.”

Ronnie said on the other hand he wasn’t shocked by what he saw in American Murder as it ended up being what he thought it would be. He shared that they were asked if they wanted to see the documentary before it aired but declined.

Ronnie ended the interview by saying they’re taking it one day at a time and still miss their “grand babies”.

He said: “He’s taking it one day at a time, just like we are. We still love our son no matter what and we miss our grand babies. We’re trying to move forward but it’s a very hard task.”

Chris Watts’ parents also provided an update on Chris and said he was in the general population of the prison and now has a job.

American Murder: The Family Next Door is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Featured image credit: Netflix