Here are seven shows you must watch to fill that glittery Drag Race hole in your heart

All the tongue-popping and death dropping your heart desires

If you are obsessed with the Drag Race phenomenon and have already binged your way through 12 seasons of the original show, 5 All-Stars series, Drag Race Canada and RuPaul’s Drag Race UK, you are probably feeling a little lost and empty inside wondering what on earth you can watch next. No fear, we are here with some recommendations of shows like Drag Race that will give you all the tea, shade and sickening content you could possibly need.

Whilst there’s not another show that can match the diversity of content that Drag Race turns out from looks to comedy to acrobatics (let’s not lie Aja’s death drop in AS3 deserved an Olympic Medal), there are some amazing shows like Drag Race to be sampled.

We scoured every streaming service and the rest of the internet for the best shows to watch whilst you wait for season 13.

RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked

If the shady drama of Drag Race wasn’t enough and you need more tea, Untucked gives you every possible backstage bitch fight you could ask for.

Many of you may already be familiar with Untucked, although if this is the first you have heard of it then you are in for a treat. If your favourite part of Drag Race is watching the drama unfold throughout the season then you HAVE to watch Untucked. You can find Untucked for seasons 11 and 12 on Netflix to whet your palette for the drama. To find the remaining 11 seasons you will have to dig a bit deeper but they can all be found on NowTV or VH1 online.

Go smoke your cigarette btich

The iconic Season 10 ‘go smoke your cigarette bitch’ moment came from Untucked

Dancing Queen 

Admit it, we’ve all rewound and re-watched the lip syncs five times over because they’re arguably the best part of Drag Race. If this is what you miss most, Dancing Queen will fill this hole.

Dancing Queen is another Netflix Original that follows beloved fan favourite Alyssa Edwards and her dance studio. Alyssa was famous in Season 5 and All-Stars 2 for being the ultimate lip syncer, so much so that she was brought back as a lip-sync assassin for All-Stars 5. Dancing Queen follows Alyssa’s life in and out of drag and provides the iconic crossover that is Dance Moms meets Drag Race.

Alyssa Edwards in Dancing Queen

Stop, did someone say there’s more tongue popping to be had

Queer Eye

Imagine a show entirely made up of Ru’s inspirational pep talks, oh wait, it already exists and its called Queer Eye. The show consists of five queer guys helping someone in need get their life back on track. Every episode essentially runs like an extra difficult Drag Race design challenge combined with some (questionable at times) fashion advice and a makeover courtesy of Gay of Thrones star JVN. If you are watching Drag Race for your feel-good moments, you have to watch Queer Eye.

Queer Eye Season 5 Opening Credits

It’s worth watching just for the title credits

Pose

Have ever wondered why the Queens call Ru mother? Or wanted to know about the origins of vogueing and balls? Do you want to learn more about the history of drag culture? If yes, go watch Pose. Not only does it provide you with an amazing history of queer culture in America in the 80s but it also has an incredibly diverse cast with five trans women playing trans roles in the show. Pose’s soundtrack also includes songs that made for iconic lipsyncs in Drag Race. If this isn’t all the incentive to watch the show, this article takes a deeper look at all the reasons you should be watching.

Start now in time for 1st October when Season 2 will be airing on Netflix.

Blanca winning trophy Pose

Will you support the House of Abundance or the House of Evangelista?

Hurricane Bianca

This film follows the beloved Bianca del Rio, from season 6, in her cinematic universe as a supply teacher. The film is like a cross between bad teacher, the tweenies (weird I know but you’ll understand when you watch it) and of course, RuPaul’s Drag Race. Bianca, being a comedy queen, brings all the humour you could need but the film’s comedy value is also assisted by the sheer farce of the plot. Bizarre, entertaining, a quick fix of humour and they even made a sequel, with Katya, called Hurricane Bianca: From Russia with Love.

Hurricane Bianca rollerdisco

Did Bianca win Season 6 on her resting bitch face alone?

UNHhhh

Picture season 7 stars Trixie and Katya chatting utter shit about serious topics from toxic masculinty to drug addiction to dental artistry and somehow making the funniest 10 minute video you’ve seen all day. That is UNHhhh, the best 10 minutes of your day. There are over 140 to choose from and they never disappoint. Two of Drag Race’s cookiest queens just having a chat acting like they’re from the Real House Wives of Beverly Hills.

You can watch it now on YouTube.

Trixie and Katya in UNHHH

The whole show will baffle you (in the best way possible)

AJ and the Queen

Literally, the only real reason to watch AJ and the Queen is for RuPaul and cameos from other queens. It features a lot of queens, and a lot of RuPaul and a 10-year-old called AJ. However, there isn’t much substance to the show and it got cancelled after it’s first season. But alas, that doesn’t mean to say there aren’t plenty of funny moments interspersed and some absolutely killer looks from Mama Ru.

Look at that wig!