Harry and Meghan have signed a deal with Netflix to make documentaries and shows

This is exactly what I need in life

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have signed a deal with Netflix to create documentaries, films and other shows, it has been announced.

The couple have founded a yet-to-be-named production company and signed a multiyear deal with Netflix which will see them creating content. The sum for the deal has not be disclosed.

The content Harry and Meghan create will be exclusive to Netflix and it will include everything from gritty documentaries to children’s programmes. According to New York Times, Harry and Meghan may appear on camera in the documentary style shows, but Meghan has made it clear she has no plans to return to acting.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Harry, Meghan, Netflix, deal, contract

via SWNS

In a statement, they said: “Our lives, both independent of each other and as a couple, have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection. Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.

“As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens.” They added that Netflix’s “unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action.”

Ted Sarandos, Netflix’s chief content officer and co-chief exec, added: “We’re incredibly proud they have chosen Netflix as their creative home and are excited about telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere.”

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.