A company is hiring a ‘True Crime Connoisseur’ to pay to binge watch documentaries

It’s $350 a day, easy money

If you think you’re a true crime expert, you could actually get paid for your efforts now as a company is looking for a “true crime connoisseur” who they are willing to pay to be an expert in the field.

The freelance platform “FreeUp” is looking for someone to binge-watch and listen to the latest true crime media to ensure that its articles and content are as up-to-date and on trend as possible. The company will pay the successful candidate $350 a day for two days a week of work. The contract is initially for six months, bit with scope for this to be extended.

However, it’s not all that easy. The candidate will be expected to produce a minimum of 10 pieces of content a week – whether that be short articles or simply social media content. But let’s be real, we all do that in our heads and through Googling stuff when we’re watching true crime anyway, right?

True Crime Connoisseur, true crime, job, paid, binge, watch, apply, application

I am Baudi Moovan levels of committed to the cause

The advert for the job says: “From Tiger King to Ted Bundy: Get paid $350 a day to binge true crime. Do you know your Don Baskin from your Dirty John?

“If you are fluent in English (additional written language skills a bonus!), obsessed with true crime and love to write, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you. FreeUp is committed to matching companies with highly-skilled and passionate freelancers that can drive forward the desire to create amazing projects, and well, this is no exception.

“We are looking to recruit a ‘True Crime Connoisseur’ for one of our clients, who can write both long and short-form articles as well as social media posts for a new pop culture e-Zine. The website, which is due to launch in the Fall, is willing to pay the right candidate $350 USD a day, for two days a week (at least 10 pieces of content a week is required). This will initially be for six months but with possible scope for a longer-term contract.

“Applicants with proven digital skills and previous content creation experience are desirable but some on-the-job training can be provided.”

To be honest, sign me up.

You can apply for the job as a “true crime connoisseur” here.