Alonzo Brooks, body, exhumed, FBI, case, update, latest, news, Unsolved Mysteries, Netflix, No Ride Home

The FBI has exhumed the body of Alonzo Brooks after Unsolved Mysteries Netflix series

The show received the most tips about this case, and it was reopened

The body of Alonzo Brooks, who was the subject of the “No Ride Home” episode of Netflix series Unsolved Mysteries, has been exhumed by the FBI – 16 years after his death.

The FBI reopened the cold case of Brooks’ death after the episode aired on Netflix and is offering a $100,000 reward for information. This came after Netflix revealed it was receiving “hundreds” of “credible” tips about the cases from the series through its tips website. It was confirmed that most of these tips were about the Alonzo Brooks case.

A spokesperson for the Kansas City FBI confirmed to E! News: “The body of Alonzo Brooks was exhumed today as part of the ongoing investigation.” The exact reason of why the body has been exhumed has not yet been confirmed, but a common reason for this to happen is when new important evidence comes up in a case.

Terry Meurer, Executive Producer and Co-Creator of Unsolved Mysteries, told Variety: “Alonzo Brooks was probably [the case] we’ve received the most emails on. Lots of theories that we had already heard when we were producing the episodes, but there are some new names that have come in and that we forwarded onto the FBI. There were a lot of people there at that party, somebody witnessed what happened. We just hope that they’ll come forward.”

Alonzo went missing after attending a house party, with friends saying he was the only black person there. Alonzo’s body was discovered a month later in a location authorities said they had searched. His death was ruled as “undetermined” but many believe it was the result of a hate crime. Nobody has been arrested.

If you have any information about or tips regarding any of the cases in the Unsolved Mysteries series, you can submit them via the Unsolved website. 

The first six episodes of Unsolved Mysteries are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.