Where did these Baby Yoda memes come from and why do I love them so much?

My day just got a lot better

Hide Images

As part of the new Disney+ site there’s a live action-fiction series, Star Wars: The Mandalorian. But even if you’ve never watched Star Wars in your entire life and don’t have Disney+, you’re still going to love one thing that’s come of the series: Baby Yoda memes.

The series features a 50-year-old baby alien (I’m confused too), that looks strikingly like a baby version of Yoda. Nobody seems to know who he is or even if he is a he. The only thing everyone can agree on is that Baby Yoda is the cutest thing you will ever lay your eyes on. Twitter has gone wild for him.

So if you need this meme explained for you (same), here’s everything you need to know. Plus there’s some examples to brighten your day.

Who is Baby Yoda and where did the Baby Yoda memes come from?

Baby Yoda is literally just an unnamed character introduced on the Disney+ television series, The Mandalorian. The show was released on the new streaming site this week and is a TV action Star Wars series.

In the first episode of the series, we first meet Baby Yoda. At the end of the episode, a 50-year-old infant alien character is discovered. The world has adopted the character as “Baby Yoda” because it resembles an extremely cute version of the Star Wars character. And tell me it doesn’t look like Yoda:

Then the memes came flooding in. Everyone adores the character and the tweets are going wild.

Here are the 18 best Baby Yoda memes:

1. I am so proud of him

2. Relatable lol

3. Art x

4. I WOULD

5. Where can I adopt one?

6. Just LOOK at it

7. Pray 4 Baby Yoda

8. Like, seriously

9. Precious, it is

10. An angel

11. I LOVE YOU

12. In Baby Yoda I trust

13. Truth

14. Where is the lie???

15. I just want the best for Baby Yoda

16. Now this is a show I can get behind

17. This one hurt

18. Nothing!!! Why do you ask!?!?!

And just like that, my day got so much better.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian is available to stream on Disney+ now.