Image may contain: Musical Instrument, Musician, Crowd, Karaoke, Leisure Activities, Face, Person, Human

My Chemical Romance is back together and 14-year-old me is screaming

We’ll CARRY ON!!!!!!

The band My Chemical Romance is reuniting to do a gig called "Return" in LA this December and everyone in the world is shook right now. As in, a My Chemical Romance reunion is HAPPENING!!!!

We don't know yet if their comeback gig means there will be further shows or new music, but Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda tweeted "Welcome back @MCROfficial."

In true My Chemical Romance style, the band announced they're reuniting on Halloween and this hasn't gone unnoticed:

The reunion was first hinted on the 7th of September when The Get Up Kids mysteriously tweeted that James Dewees was no longer a member. No one realised they keyboarder was getting back together with My Chemical Romance!!

Earlier this year Gerard and the founding guitarist Ray Toro recorded covers of Simon and Garfunkel's "Hazy Shade of Water" and "The Turtle's Happy Together" For Netflix' The Umbrella Academy.

Why did My Chemical Romance break up again?

Gerard Way formed MCR in 2001 and their best known songs are Welcome To The Black Parade and Teenagers. The band was a six-time Kerrang! winning act and released four albums in their time.

my chemical romance reunion, my chemical romance

They broke up in 2013 when the band made a statement: "We've gotten to go places we never knew we would.

"We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible," the 2013 statement said.

"We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end."

Gerard said MCR took a toll on his mental and personal life after the 2013 break up. He said everyone remained amicable and teased that fans shouldn't count out a reunion. And now it seems he kept true to his word!!!

Anyway, I don't know about you but I've got my kohl eyeliner at the ready.

Related stories recommended by this writer

The cringe things you’ll remember if you were a mid-2000s emo kid

The cringe things you’ll remember if you were a scene kid in the mid-2000s

I dressed like an emo kid for the week and it was appropriately painful