Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been renewed for a seventh season!!!

Cool, cool, cool

Hide Images

It's official: NBC has just renewed Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a seventh season. So any rumours that the show was being cancelled can be well and truly put to bed. The show was cancelled by Fox in 2018 (the grackles), but bought back to life by NBC, and now after being announced via Twitter, Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 7 is happening! Noice!

Everything we know about Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 7

The show has been renewed by NBC in the US, where season six is currently airing. The sixth season, featuring favourites Andy Samberg, Melissa Fumero, Terry Crews, Stephanie Beatriz, Andre Braugher, and Joe Lo Truglio, is nearing its conclusion. However, the release date for season seven has not yet been announced.

The old cast favourites will for sure be making a come back, as the news was announced to all the cast and crew together. The producers waited nine seconds before telling them, of course. Smort!

Just a week ago, it was announced that Brooklyn Nine-Nine season five was being dropped on Netflix, and that's arriving on March 8th. Season six will hopefully soon follow, and then the newest season after that.

In a statement, Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta, NBC Co-Presidents of Scripted Programming, said: "It’s been one of our great joys as a network to give Brooklyn Nine-Nine a second life.

"Cheers to [executive producers] Dan Goor, Mike Schur, Luke Del Tredici and David Miner, and our amazing cast and crew who each week turn New York’s finest into New York’s funniest."

If you can't wait for the new season, you can catch up with seasons one to four on Netflix. Wunch is served, and season seven opens up so many avenues.