Great British Bake Off 2016: Where are they now?

Candice canโ€™t stop kissing!!!

It's that time of year when it starts getting colder and you spend your evenings at home with your feet up, having a cuppa and being completely obsessed with the Great British Bake Off.

The drama this year has already begun with people outraged that Manon cheated during cake week and what has happened to Noel's hair!?

While the new Bake Off is great, it's hard not to reminisce about the good old BBC times with Mary Berry getting sloshed in every episode and Mel and Sue's infamous innuendos.

But where are the contestants from Great British Bake Off 2016? The series where pouty Candice won and everyone swooned over the gorgeous Selasi, but what are they doing now? Did they carry on baking and, most importantly, are they still friends???

Candice Brown

Candice is hands down the hottest person to ever win the Great British Bake Off.

View this post on Instagram

Little throw back to the fabulous and very chocolatey @magnum event wearing @jameslakelandltd which I bleeding love!!!

A post shared by Candice Brown (@candicebrown) on

Her life is full of press events, food festivals and magazine shoots. Not a bad way to make a living after winning the Great British Bake Off!

The past two years have been a series of up and down moments for Candice. She was caught kissing Paul Hollywood at the Pride of Britain Awards and has been attacked by body-shaming trolls on social media.

Candice was a contestant on Dancing on Ice and while she didn't last very long she did cause a storm by kissing her dance partner, Matt Evers. There seems to be a theme here…

Selasi Gbormittah

Selasi, never stop pumping that icing.

View this post on Instagram

๐Ÿ˜‚ Jokes….On a more serious note, youโ€™re looking at the new student president at @culinaryartsacademyswitzerland ๐Ÿ˜‚. How? You ask! Well, I drafted a rather convincing letter (I think) about being rather responsible and promised not to lead the students astray, promoting equality, building networks and being the voice of the people, my people #SelasiForPresident #Obama #Selasi . I need to call a meeting to discuss #Education #Housing #CostofLiving #SocialWelfare #Finance #Defence #Healthcare . Am I missing something? Iโ€™m giving my free time for the greater good of the people ๐Ÿ˜. Oh I get free coffee โ˜•๏ธ boom ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿฟโ€๐Ÿ’ผ. Now thatโ€™s a reward #IamDelegatingEverything Whatโ€™s the role of a student president? ๐Ÿง oh and I passed all exams last term. ๐Ÿ˜…

A post shared by SELASI (@selasigb) on

He looks even better in a suit than he does an apron, and that's saying something.

Selasi has been very busy studying at the Culinary Arts Academy in Switzerland baking the most amazing cakes which he showcases on his Instagram.

Not only is he a whiz at baking but he completed the London Marathon and is an ambassador for Vita Coco.

View this post on Instagram

FOUR THINGS. 1)Best crowd EVER (you really carried us through it all especially in this heat). I love you GUYS ๐Ÿคฃ 2) I shouldโ€™ve trained in a sauna 3) I needed to run fast enough to be able to make my flight tonight to Switzerland ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ and 4)I did say earlier, crawl, walk or run, I was going to finish it and smile through the pain ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. This was the hardest challenge yet especially in this heat but glad I finished. First marathon checked and completed. Glad we all finished. Not sure Iโ€™d sign up to another marathon for a while unless itโ€™s a winter marathon or some mountain challenge to be honest ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿค—…Huge thanks to all for the amazing support, well wishes, screaming my name during my low points and telling me to stop walking and run God damn it ๐Ÿ˜‚. #BossyFans but much love ๐Ÿ’– . Oh I just finished not far behind Sir Mo and the other elites ๐Ÿ˜…. Didnโ€™t hit my 4hr:30mins time unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜ฉ as I was desperately crawling to the finish line. I seriously lost it all after the 19th mile #5:44 ๐ŸŒ Congrats to all runners and #BakersDozen squad We did ourselves proud ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿค—

A post shared by SELASI (@selasigb) on

Is there anything this man can't do???

Andrew Smyth

The smiliest man from Northern Ireland is still warming our hearts two years later.

View this post on Instagram

Wonderful day yesterday outside Berlin at my eldest cousinโ€™s wedding. Thanks to you guys for voting on the jacket choice, pretty chuffed with the resulting look for someone who isnโ€™t the most style conscious ๐Ÿ˜‚ for probably the only time Iโ€™ll let you know where the bits are from: Tie handmade by the lovely Freskin & Sutherland on Etsy (@thefourthbear ), jacket and shoes by @jasperconranstudio , chinos and shirt by @nextofficial and socks a pressie from mum from @ted_baker ๐Ÿ˜ The Germans sure know how to party ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿธ #wedding #outfit #style #attemptedstyle #summerwedding #cakesmyth #gbbo #pink #SartorialSmyth

A post shared by Andrew Smyth (@cakesmyth) on

Andrew describes himself as a Jack of all trades. He is an engineer, baker and presenter and even tries to combine all three into one by filming YouTube videos about bakineering. No, I have no idea what that means either.

Since being a finalist on Great British Bake Off he has been mingling with the royalty, baking a cake in the shape of a jet engine for Prince Will's visit to Rolls Royce where Andrew previously worked as an engineer.

The London Marathon was the place to be this year if you wanted spot some Bake Off stars. However, instead of running the Marathon like Selasi, Andrew sold his own cakes at a charity bake sale for the Great Ormand Street Hospital.

Val Stones

The cake whisperer strikes again.

Former headteacher, Val was one of the most memorable contestants from Great British Bake Off 2016. From listening to cakes tell her when they're ready to her accidental innuendos.

Since being on Bake Off she has been posting A LOT of pictures, videos and posts tagging Ed Sheeran.

Ed Sheeran is now a big fan of Val and even asked her to come and bake with him sometime.

Benjamina Ebuehi

Benjamina quit her job as a teaching assistant and decided to carry on baking.

Benjamina's love for the other contestants made her stand out in the competition. She now spreads her love even more and teaches baking to disadvantaged women in London at the Luminary Bakery.

In her spare time she is also a Food Stylist. Basically, her Instagram is on fire.

Jane Beedle

Mum of the group and Bake Off finalist, Jane, has had a hard couple of years.

Jane found out she had skin cancer before she started Bake Off and still has to have constant check ups as it could come back at any moment.

As well as baking for her friends and family, Jane creates recipes and puts them on her blog and social media. The best thing? She is still really good friends with Val.

Rav Bansal

The vegan who is not a vegan baker. Confused? Me too.

Rav created confusion amongst fellow vegans when he was a contestant of the Great British Bake Off 2016. He describes himself as having a plant-based diet but on the first episode used eggs in his cake.

As with all the other contestants, Rav's Instagram is full of the amazing cakes he's made since the Great British Bake Off. He's also done a few interviews about his racist abuse and his love of baking.

Michael Georgiou

He started to make money before the first episode of the Great British Bake Off!

To be honest, there isn't really much to say about Michael. He went out in bread week so obviously Paul Hollywood did not approve of his baking abilities. He did, however, make a hefty sum before even appearing on the show by flogging recipes and baked goods online. Now, he describes himself as a home baker and an amateur runner. Yes, you know what's coming… he ran the London Marathon.

Kate Barmby

Kate makes the most amazing cakes!

View this post on Instagram

"Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now would ya?" So here is the reason for my social media silence, this project has completely consumed my life and occupied all my waking and sleeping thoughts. The sugarcrafted table at which Hagrid stands baking Harry's cake is a replica of the actual carved table on which my work is displayed. Trying to create this in temperatures exceeding 30ยฐC there were times where I genuinely didn't think I'd get it finished and more than once I was reduced to tears declaring I was never going to do any cake decorating ever again! Over a week after delivering it I have nearly recovered and my poor family have just about forgiven me for turning into "Cakezilla" and guess what? My next project is in the oven baking so I haven't hung up my apron for good just yet! #cakedecorating #cakeart #icing #sugarcraft #harrypotter #harrypottercake #hagrid #hagridcake #potterhead #potterheads #harrypotterfan #harrypotterfans #hogwarts #customcake #fondantcake #edibleart #cakeartist Photo credit: Steve Adams Photography, Norwich

A post shared by Kate Barmby (@katebarmby) on

Kate really isn't someone that comes to mind when you think of the Great British Bake Off 2016 but she has done a lot since she got booted off in the fourth week. She is a columnist, teacher and a cookery writer and just look at that Hagrid cake! She would have the won the show with that cake!!!!

Louise Williams

Her real wedding was a much better success than her gingerbread one.

Country girl, Louise left the Great British Bake Off when her gingerbread wedding collapsed moments before she had to present it to Mary and Paul. Since the show Louise has been spending nearly every moment with Val. They're friendship is the most purest as they bake together. Val was even a guest at Louise's wedding #friendshipgoals

Lee Banfield

You remember Lee, right? Because I really don't.

Lee was the first person to leave Great British Bake Off 2016 so that's probably why you don't remember him. He spends his days taking very zoomed in pictures and he still bakes, you'll be pleased to know.

Tom Gillford

Does he still have Hipster Picnics though?

Tom did some pretty funny bakes during his time on the Great British Bake Off but now he showcases his most perfect bakes on his Instagram.

He completed the London Marathon (obviously) and spends his time on Twitter complaining about public transport.