Long Boi confirmed missing as Uni of York says he hasn’t been seen in ‘a few weeks’

Has anyone broken the news to Greg James yet?

Long Boi, the famous duck at The University of York, has been confirmed missing by the university. 

A University spokesperson confirmed to The York Tab that Long Boi hasn’t been seen in a “few weeks” and that they “continue to keep a lookout for him and hope to see him again, safe and well, soon.” 

On Monday, The York Tab reported that concerns amongst York students were growing after people realised he had not been seen over the last couple of weeks. The last confirmed sighting of Long Boi was on the 22nd April. 

The Grounds and Estates manager Gordon Eastham also confirmed that Long Boi has been “missing for some time”.

There have been rumours of an alleged fox attack circulating on campus with campus groundskeepers allegedly heard to have told several students that they believe him to be dead since he cannot fly. It was also rumoured that this will be announced next week as York’s Student Union did not want to announce the news during a Roses loss.

A spokesperson for the University of York said: “Long Boi is a much-loved character on campus and whilst we haven’t seen him around over the past few weeks, we continue to keep a lookout for him and hope to see him again, safe and well, soon.” 

If you have any information about Long Boi or have any sightings of him from the past couple of weeks, please message our Instagram @theyorktab