Kate Middleton is visiting Nottingham Trent Uni today to mark World Mental Health Day

The Princess of Wales will be speaking to members of staff and students about mental health

Kate Middleton is visiting Nottinghamshire today to talk to staff and students at Nottingham Trent University and University of Nottingham about the importance of mental health and wellbeing.

The visit is part of a series of engagements she is making across the country to mark World Mental Health Day.

The Princess will be speaking to staff and students at both universities on Wednesday 11th October to hear how they are supporting students with proactive mental health management. Her Royal Highness will meet with members of the university communities who are involved in mental health support for students, before participating in wellbeing activities.

The visit is one of several visits Kate and her husband, Prince William, are carrying out across the UK to celebrate World Mental Health Day. Earlier this week, the pair visited Birmingham to host a forum for young people called Heads Together, to challenge stigmas surrounding mental health.

via Tim Rooke/Shutterstock

During her visit to Nottingham Trent University, The Princess will take part in a number of workshops and activities aimed at helping students build confidence and manage their wellbeing. She will also learn about how Nottingham Trent University collates data to identify students who may be struggling with their mental health, including analytics used to measure student engagement.

Ahead of the outing, Kensington Palace said, “The Princess is passionate about ensuring young people have the right tools in place to take care of their mental wellbeing, especially in relation to understanding and managing their own emotions.

“She is also focused on encouraging young people to build key protective factors such as healthy relationships and communities around them which will help them to lay stronger foundations as they move through life.”

Featured image via Tim Rooke/Shutterstock.

Related stories recommended by this author:

• Both Nottingham unis rank in top 50 of The Times’ Good University Guide

• Student prices made available to all young people for Nottingham bus and tram travel

• Kosher meals to be served to students for the first time at University of Nottingham