Loughborough crowned best for student experience over the last 10 years

Latest survey shows how Luff really does walk on water

Loughborough has been officially voted the best uni for the student experience.

The results have been announced after the Times Higher Education (THE) Student Experience Survey was conducted. The survey is answered by students and is measured across 22 categories ranging from teaching, accommodation and facilities.

In the latest survey released last Thursday, 23rd March, Loughborough has come second in the country. This follows on from Luff topping the table seven times since the survey started in 2006 and coming top five a number of times as well.

The University’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Robert Allison, said: “To say that we have consistently offered the best student experience for a decade is an incredible achievement and underlines the truly unique environment we have created at Loughborough.”

The University itself also works very closely to the Students’ Union as well with the Vice Chancellor adding, “along with the Students’ Union we work tirelessly to ensure all our students get the most out of their university years and reach their full potential. And a second place ranking in this latest survey is further confirmation from our students that we continue to get it right.”

The survey is unique in that it doesn’t just look at the usual definition of the student experience of teaching and learning. Instead, the survey looks at wider aspects of university life that matter most to students.

Loughborough also came first in three categories: high quality facilities, catering for personal requirements and good extra-curricular societies.

We knew there was a reason Luff walked on water and this most definitely shows that.